[Help] Accidentally Subscribed to Email to Text Service?

SOLVED
diav
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi there,

I accidentally clicked on "My Fido Mail" in the "My Fido Service" section of the Account Maintenance Page.  I was redirected to a login page but then closed the window because I don't know the username and password.

A couple minutes later, I got a notification on my phone indicating that I am now subscribed to the Email to Text service.

I checked my transaction history online and have not been billed yet.  Does anyone know whether I will start incurring charges now for this service?  It was merely an accident that I clicked on the Fido Mail link...

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Note: I am Fido prepaid user and do not use a smartphone.

Accepted Solution

Re: [Help] Accidentally Subscribed to Email to Text Service?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJudhy

Hello diav,

What you have subscribed to are alerts that get sent to you whenever you receive an e-mail on your Fido e-mail address (yournumber@fido.ca).

The subscription to that service is free and receiving the alerts is free as well.

However, if you were to reply to an alert with More or Read to see the entire e-mail, then, you would be charged $0.20 per text message sent.

You can stop the incoming alerts by replying "Unsubscribe" to the number 3436.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
bp2
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I did pretty mich the same thing, so will I be charged an extra $5 a month for this service? Cause if so I do not want it...

Hey @bp2 and thank you for using the Community.

I would suggest to unsubscribe right away to make sure you don't get charged.

To do so, you simply need to the *Unsubscribe* to 3436

Meanwhile, I can verify on your account if any charges were generated.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into Smiley

Talk to you soon Smiley

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hello diav,

What you have subscribed to are alerts that get sent to you whenever you receive an e-mail on your Fido e-mail address (yournumber@fido.ca).

The subscription to that service is free and receiving the alerts is free as well.

However, if you were to reply to an alert with More or Read to see the entire e-mail, then, you would be charged $0.20 per text message sent.

You can stop the incoming alerts by replying "Unsubscribe" to the number 3436.

I hope this helps!