Has False Roaming Charges Glitch Been Fixed Yet?

SOLVED
BCYears
I'm a Participant Level 1

Has the issue talked about on the linked website below been fixed yet?

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/fido-charging-iphone-data-roaming-setting-off/

I ask because this happened to me once last year for a $7.99 charge and the year before for a $100+ charge when traveling in the US. I use unlocked Google Nexus phones (currently Nexus 6P) and everytime I had roaming turned off and background data disabled. And no, Fido Roam is not an option for me as I'm on an old grandfathered plan that Fido does not allow for Fido Roam to work with. At this point for my upcoming trip I'm thinking of taking the Fido sim card out of my phone, leaving it at home and buying a local or Roam Mobility sim for my trips to the States.

Accepted Solution

Re: Has False Roaming Charges Glitch Been Fixed Yet?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @BCYears

On our end everything is fixed and this shouldn't be happening. 

It's always a good idea to remove the SIM card from the phone if you are not planning on using your services, that's the best trick in my book . 

If you have any other questions, we're here to help! 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello BCYears,

Welcome to the forums!

As @FidoRanya mentioned, the glitch should be fixed. However, you should note this thread here. While cause of those incurred data charges hasn't yet been determined, it is worth keeping in mind...

I agree with @FidoRanya, the safest way to prevent roaming charges is to remove the SIM before you cross the border. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @BCYears

On our end everything is fixed and this shouldn't be happening. 

It's always a good idea to remove the SIM card from the phone if you are not planning on using your services, that's the best trick in my book . 

If you have any other questions, we're here to help!