Hardware upgrade fees differences

SOLVED
gvillette
I'm a Participant Level 1

My contract will be up this summer and I'm looking for a new phone. When I look at the LG G Stylo, for example, it says I will pay a $25 hardware upgrade administration fee. But, when I look at my account, it says if I want to upgrade my phone I'll have to pay a $75 hardware upgrade administration fee. Why the difference?

Accepted Solution

Re: Hardware upgrade fees differences

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMegan

Hi gvillette! 

Where do you see the $75 fee? This is likely your early upgrade fee if you want to renew today. Since your agreement ends in the summer, you would be charged this to start a new agreement right away. 

The $25 hardware upgrade administrative fee is a fee that's charges to help cover the costs of processing the orders, as well as managing and restocking the inventory. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi gvillette! 

Where do you see the $75 fee? This is likely your early upgrade fee if you want to renew today. Since your agreement ends in the summer, you would be charged this to start a new agreement right away. 

The $25 hardware upgrade administrative fee is a fee that's charges to help cover the costs of processing the orders, as well as managing and restocking the inventory. 

Hope this helps!