Hardware Upgrade with a Smart plan considered a small plan

xrated
I'm a Participant Level 2

Originally a $56 smart plan now with the price increase is $61 I want to keep the existing plan but upgrade my phone. Getting mixed answers saying it's considered a small plan, then they say I can't keep my plan when I go into a store. Who do I talk to? 

5 REPLIES 5
dogabone
Fido Employee

If you login to your account on Fido.ca and start the upgrade flow you'll see the pricing that you qualify for. If it only offers you full price for the phone, then your plan is probably considered byop now. Alternatively I would ask if your eligible for any promo plans. Marketing often tags certain accounts for special plans and they may give you more value than what you have. Good luck! 

xrated

I guess I just keep on asking till they offer something comparable. right now the only loyalty "deal" I have is a $80 a month plan 

Hey @xrated,

Our offers vary quite often. I also suggest that you keep an eye out on fido.ca to not miss out on any upcoming promotional offers!

Let us know if you need help with anything. Smiley

xrated

Can you help me order a galaxy s8 and keep my plan and still get the small plan rate of $269?

Sorry for the confusion! It really does depend on the plan and we'll have to check the account to see if it's considered BYOP or Small.

I'll send you a PM so we can look into things Smiley