Hardware Upgrade Fee

Hardware Upgrade Fee

Hardware Upgrade Fee

SOLVED
Nicholas87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hardware Upgrade Fee

Dear Fido,

I have been a client of yours for over 10 years now and have always appreciated your curteous customer service. About a month ago, I renewed my contract and upgraded my phone. I was charged a 25$ device upgrade fee. I was told in store that I could easily have the fee waived by calling a Fido representative. I called a representative the next day and was told that the fee would be waived without any problem. 

1 month later, I look at my bill and oh, surpise! what do I see? That same 25$ fee that actually had NOT been waived. When I call a representative a second time to get clarifications, I am told that there is absolutely no trace of my previous conversation and that it is impossible to waive the 25$ fee. Instead, I am offered a 10$ credit on my next bill for "customer satisfaction". The conversation takes nearly 15 minutes (I am asked to wait many times and put on hold). When I ask to speak with a supervisor. I am told that I will need to call again another day. I thank the representative and decide to move on with my day (after all, it is only 25$, and now 15$ I guess...)

I am VERY disappointed with your customer service this time Fido. I rarely post comments like these on forums, by I also really dislike losing my time (and the time of others) with issues like these.

Fido, if you actually care about your clients, please make sure that there is better tracking of conversations between customers and customer service representatives. Also, make sure your employees don't make promises they are unable to keep. Irritants like these (unfortunately) make a big difference on the long run...

Accepted Solution

Re: I don't like losing my time... and receiving contradictory information

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey Nicholas87!

Thanks for the feedback, I'd like to make a follow up on your situation. 

I'll send you a PM in  a few minutes to look into that with you Smiley 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey Nicholas87!

Thanks for the feedback, I'd like to make a follow up on your situation. 

I'll send you a PM in  a few minutes to look into that with you Smiley 

Nicholas87
I'm a Participant Level 2

The situation was addressed very professionally via personal messaging. Thank you for looking into this quickly and efficiently.