HTC ONE M8 Lollipop Update

I'm a Participant Level 3 Sharingking
I'm a Participant Level 3

HTC ONE M8 Lollipop Update

Hey there. Well i want to know when will Fido approve and roll out Lollipop for HTC ONE M8 phone? I am anticipating it as rest of the world enjoying it already

Accepted Solution

Re: HTC ONE M8 Lollipop Update

Good morning!

Athough we don't have the exact date we do update this list as soon as there is change. 

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/20501

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Gonna be awhile yet I think. If you visit HTCs website they'll keep you abreast of what stage of development the updates are in. Last I looked lollipop was still stuck in the first stage of the 6 stage process. I'm waiting for lollipop for my M7 too since Fido has no M8s in stock to purchase. Conversely if you modify your M8 into a Google play edition of the device you can get lollipop immediately.
Mike
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Former Moderator FidoMatt
Former Moderator
Solution

Good morning!

Athough we don't have the exact date we do update this list as soon as there is change. 

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/thread-id/20501

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Wow thats really informative information. Coming soon means what exactly? I told the OP where to go for real information not a link to it's coming soon. Perhaps you'd like to define "soon" for us?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Fido Employee FidoCristina
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Just to let you know that the Lollipop update 5.0.1 was out on January 13, 2015. I hope you have all got the over the air update already Smiley 

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5