HTC DREAM

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 eirinn
I'm a Participant Level 2

HTC DREAM

I was able to use the internet 2 weeks ago but I had no data plan so I stopped.  Today I added a data plan and I cant use the internet.  What's the problem?

Accepted Solution

Re: HTC DREAM

Hi eirinn and welcome to the forums,

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your batterie?

You can also check your APN settings under Settings->Wireless Controllers->Mobile Network->APN

Select and edit the current APN. Make sure the information corresponds to the APN settings in This Thread

If you are still having problems I recommend calling in or speaking to live chat.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Former Moderator FidoJean
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi eirinn and welcome to the forums,

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your batterie?

You can also check your APN settings under Settings->Wireless Controllers->Mobile Network->APN

Select and edit the current APN. Make sure the information corresponds to the APN settings in This Thread

If you are still having problems I recommend calling in or speaking to live chat.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 eirinn
I'm a Participant Level 2

yeah I spoke to someone from the live chat and she/he solved my problem. Thanks.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 1 brad_818
I'm a Participant Level 1

im having the same problem with my htc dream.......i dont have any of the apn setting......... how can i go about finding them?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Fido Employee Amanda1
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

I know this thread is rather old but I thought I would provide some up-to-date information in case someone else were to come across this thread looking for the same thing. Smiley

The APN settings are:

• APN: Fido-core-appl1.apn
  • If you have a LTE device, use the following setting: LTEMOBILE.APN

For MMS (Picture & Video Messaging Settings), the settings are: 

To configure this in an Android device tap on Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Once on the APN screen, press the Options button on the device, tap on New APN and enter a name into the APN Name field. Next, enter the APN settings listed above. Leave the following fields blank: Proxy, Port, User Name, Password, Server. Once complete, press the Options button on your device, tap on Save in order to save the APN settings. Then, restart the phone and try browsing the Internet.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5