HELP!!! Unable to cancel Spotify Premium service.

SOLVED
tabojai
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

I’ve been having trouble trying to cancel my Spotify Premium service I got for free for 6 months when I got the BYOP special from 2017 Black Friday. I continued with Spotify Premium after the 6 months of free service. Now, I want to cancel it. I have read a lot of comments from the Fido community, and none of them works.

I have tried using the my cell phone data to browse fidohub.ca. It asked me to input cell phone number and it did send me a code. Once I keyed the code to login, it gave the following message “Hey there! Sign up as a first-time Spotify Premium user and enjoy 6 months for free. Get your access link by logging into your Fido account.  www.fido.ca/login”.

I have tried so many times, I even chat with a live agent to assist me. She gave me the same solution. I asked her if there are alternative solutions, she told me that’s the ONLY way too cancel the subscription service that she knows.

Please help me with this cancellation. I’m so frustrated. I don’t understand why something so simple like this, yet so hard to do?

3E325513-71CC-4394-9B0D-E2E1F62D7D3E.jpeg

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP!!! Unable to cancel Spotify Premium service.

Solved by Moderator

Gotcha @tabojai!

Have you tried unsubscribing through your Spotify account directly? You can follow these steps here:

1. Log in to account n Spotify.
  2. Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
  3. Click Change OR Cancel.
  4. Click Cancel Premium.
  5. Click Yes, Cancel. Your account page should then show the date you’ll return to the Free service. 

Keep us posted if this worked Smiley

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @tabojai

Welcome to the Community!

We'll help you with this don't worry.

Can you confirm if currently you're getting billed for Spotify Premium through your Fido bill ?

Thanks!

Seliners
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi FidoRanya, I'm currently billed for my spotify account through Fido. I'd like to cancel it as well. Can you help?

Thank you!

FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hey Seliners, 

Welcome to the Community! You're at the right place for help.

Have you tried the steps mentioned by Claudia? Smiley

Let us know!

tabojai
I'm a Participant Level 2

It’s not. Spotify is billed separately.

Gotcha @tabojai!

Have you tried unsubscribing through your Spotify account directly? You can follow these steps here:

1. Log in to account n Spotify.
  2. Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
  3. Click Change OR Cancel.
  4. Click Cancel Premium.
  5. Click Yes, Cancel. Your account page should then show the date you’ll return to the Free service. 

Keep us posted if this worked Smiley