HELP! LG G4 Notification Issue

munna187
I'm a Participant Level 3

Ever since the last Upgrade happened over a month ago, I have stopped receiving notifications for apps such as whatsapp, snapchat, any news updates etc.

For whatsapp, it doesn't tell me that I received a message until i open the app.

For snapchat, it doesn't notify me that I have received a snap.

For any other apps such as news update, I get nothing.

The weird thing is, roughly a week or so later, I get all these notifications at once and my phone goes crazy buzzing.

Can someone please help me.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

By recent update are you referring to Android 6.0 ( marshmallow)? I know there's new security features in marshmallow that require the user to authorize notifications from apps that used to work by default.

munna187

I enabled all notifications and it didn't seem to do anything (and yes it was 6.0 marshmallow)

I know the G4 had an issue with delay notifications when on WiFi and it had something to do with the router IPv6. Unfortunately there was no know solution for it. I would suggest you clean the cache partition. LG G4 Wipe Cache Partition Launch the Settings Application Tap on the General Tab(if in tabbed view) Scroll Down and Tap on the ‘Storage’ Option Locate the ‘Cached Data’ Option and Tap on it Confirm the Task by Tapping on the ‘OK’ Option Reboot the LG G4

munna187

I cleared all cache and rebooted and still nothing.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you tried to reset the phone yet?

Anyone in the @Community can help?

munna187

Yes. I've reset it one too many times.

Hey @munna187

Just to clarify was it a complete factory reset that you tried on the phone?

munna187

No, I haven't done a factory reset. I prefer not to have everything deleted off my phone.

Hey @munna187

I totally get what you mean, it can take up a little time but you should be able to backup all of your content first before doing the factory reset. 

Here's how: 

1- Tap Apps

2- Tap Settings

3- If using Tab view, tap Menu > List View 

4- Scroll down to DEVICE, then tap Backup & reset. 

5- Tap LG Backup > Backup & Restore

6- Tap Back up data and check that LG Cloud is selected. 

If you give this a try, I would suggest testing the notifications before putting the content back on the phone. 

I hope this helps. Smiley