HELP IM LOCKED OUT AND I DIDI IT

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 nanlori
I'm a Participant Level 3

HELP IM LOCKED OUT AND I DIDI IT

IM LOCKED OUT AND DID IT MYSELF BUT DONT KNOW HOW...ZTE PHONE IS NEW AND IM SCREWED...NANLORI

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP IM LOCKED OUT AND I DIDI IT

Hello Nanlori,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortuntely I do not think there are many options available other than doing a factory reset on the phone.

There used to be a way to access the phone using Forgot PIN/Password, however, that functionality was removed in Android 5.0 and up.

Google did introduce Android Device Manager to help locate, lock, and erase contents of phones. However, it needed to be activated on your phone before getting lost. Additionally, it is dependent on the phone's access to data (ie data and/or Wifi needed to be left on). Furthermore, it should be noted that the Lock option in Android Device Manager will only allow you to set a new lock code if your phone or tablet doesn’t already have an unlock code, so it can’t be used to remove an existing lock code (see here)

**edit** Apparently, ADM lists change screen-unlock password as one of its functions. To do so, you would set another Lock password which would replace your current password. Sorry for any confusion.**

Assuming you have the ZTE Axon, you can perform a factory or hard reset following the instructions here. Hopefully you won't lose too much data since it was a new phone. If your phone was set to sync automatically, some of your data may be recoverable.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope it helps Smiley

PS To access the PM sent by FidoJessica, you can click on your name on near the top right and select the envelope icon.

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Former Moderator FidoJessica
Former Moderator

Hey @nanlori !

Welcome to the community Smiley  We're here to help! Can you please tell me what happened ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8

I REALLY DONT KNOW I JUST WANTED TO PUT A PASSWORD OR CODE ON MY PHONE ....I HAVE LOST 2-3 OF THEM THIS YEAR AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA WELL I THOUGHT I WAS OK ON USING MY DL # ASA PASSWORD IVE HAD IT FORTY YEARS NOW BUT I USED IT 3 LOUSY TIME S AND THE 4-77TH NOT WORKING...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Former Moderator FidoJessica
Former Moderator

I understand! No worries I'm going to send you a private message and we'll take a look at this together Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

JESSICA CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE IM A NANA AND CANT COMMUNICATE WITH MY FAMILY

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8

WHER DO I GET THAT MESSAGE....I HAVE NO IDEA

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@nanlori login with the Google account you used on the phone here it will locate your phone then you should see a lock phone option click on that and change your password then use that password to unlock your phone.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Nanlori,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortuntely I do not think there are many options available other than doing a factory reset on the phone.

There used to be a way to access the phone using Forgot PIN/Password, however, that functionality was removed in Android 5.0 and up.

Google did introduce Android Device Manager to help locate, lock, and erase contents of phones. However, it needed to be activated on your phone before getting lost. Additionally, it is dependent on the phone's access to data (ie data and/or Wifi needed to be left on). Furthermore, it should be noted that the Lock option in Android Device Manager will only allow you to set a new lock code if your phone or tablet doesn’t already have an unlock code, so it can’t be used to remove an existing lock code (see here)

**edit** Apparently, ADM lists change screen-unlock password as one of its functions. To do so, you would set another Lock password which would replace your current password. Sorry for any confusion.**

Assuming you have the ZTE Axon, you can perform a factory or hard reset following the instructions here. Hopefully you won't lose too much data since it was a new phone. If your phone was set to sync automatically, some of your data may be recoverable.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope it helps Smiley

PS To access the PM sent by FidoJessica, you can click on your name on near the top right and select the envelope icon.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8