Grandfathered plans

Grandfathered plans

Grandfathered plans

SOLVED
lazarus1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Grandfathered plans

What is considered to be a grandfathered plan? If it is, then what does that mean? I have a Loyalty Monthly Plan ( long time user ) and am paying $35 for unltd minutes and $30 for 6GB. Contract has expired. Looking to upgrade to the iPhone SE. I'm not sure what my options are.

Accepted Solution

Re: Grandfathered plans

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @lazarus1

In this case your plan would qualify as a Smart plan because you have a data and voice plan that's under $70. You'll need to look at the prices of the phones in terms of Smart plan . Keep in mind that this could change anytime though, for now the plan qualifies as a smart plan but it could change in the future. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@lazarus1 A grandfathered plan is a plan that is no longer offered in market today.

If you want to keep your current plan you can enter into another contract and get the phone you want. The pricing on the phone will depends on what your plan type is eith Standard, Smart or Max plan. You can see the prices for the different plan types here.

lazarus1

Thanks for your answer. My plan seems to be neither Smart nor Max, so how would I determine what the price would be?

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@lazarus1 A grandfathered plan is a plan that is no longer offered in market today.

If you want to keep your current plan you can enter into another contract and get the phone you want. The pricing on the phone will depends on what your plan type is eith Standard, Smart or Max plan. You can see the prices for the different plan types here.

Hey @lazarus1

In this case your plan would qualify as a Smart plan because you have a data and voice plan that's under $70. You'll need to look at the prices of the phones in terms of Smart plan . Keep in mind that this could change anytime though, for now the plan qualifies as a smart plan but it could change in the future. 

Hope this helps!

lazarus1

Thanks for the info! 

@FidoRanya wrote:

Hey @lazarus1

Hope this helps!

Hi

I'm wondering in my case, since it's not a plan with voice and a data add on, if the plan name is MAX but costing only 60$ (it's the plan that was QC only with 3GB) is this still a max plan, or it will be considering as a smart?

Thanks

Hey @laurentmathurin!

Your plan doesn't qualify for the Max subsidy anymore.

It will give you access to the Smart subsidy if you decide to make an upgrade.