Grandfathered Plan treated as Plus15 Tier

SOLVED
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

On July 7, Fido introduced its new plan/subsidy pricing structure (ie. Plus10, Plus15, and Plus35).

According to Mobile Syrup, "grandfathered and loyalty plans will be counted at a Plus15 tier" but I cannot find any information posted publicly on Fido.ca to confirm this.

I have the grandfathered $39 Smart plan from 2013. If, today, I choose to upgrade to the iPhone SE 16GB on 2-year term keeping my grandfathered plan, what is my upfront device cost? If my grandfathered plan is indeed being treated as a "Plus15", it should be $220.

Links:

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/device-list/device-detail?PhoneSKU=IPSE16GLD

Accepted Solution

Re: Grandfathered Plan treated as Plus15 Tier

Solved by MVP MVP
Your grandfathered smart plan will be treated as a Plus10 .
View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

Hi @nick67 long time no see! Smiley

Still holding on to that Smart $39 plan? sad to hear its plus10 and not plus15. hard to understand why. I wonder what will become of the Standard plan?

Quick advice go for the 64GB and not the 16GB. the phone itself will take up like 10GB of space, leaving you will virtually no space for apps, photos and 4K videos.

ggo
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Do Standard Plans that customers have get any Plus10 if they wish to upgrade or renew? Many will flee if their old plan cannot be kept because only a fool would pay $15-20 more a month or have to buy a $400+ phone just to keep their old plan.

@ggo From what I was told Standard Plans will be Plus10

ggo

Thanks, I don't need a fancy phone so the Plus10 will help me keep my phone current when the time comes.
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Thanks for the shoutout @Wufai! I've been reading more of the forum then posting Wink Good point about the 16GB! Honestly, I don't understand why Apple doesn't just make 32GB the minimum memory. I'm very close to the 16GB on my current iPhone 5S.

Question for the Fido reps: How much would the iPhone SE (16GB and 64GB) be on my $39 grandfathered Smart plan (Plus10 pricing)...there is no price listing on the phones&devices page? If it's not available on "Plus10" pricing then that's funny how 1 month ago I could have got it for $220 under 'Smart' plan pricing...

Hey @nick67 

These models are only available on a Plus10 pricing for a hardware upgrade and not an activation which is why they are not available on the website. Here is what they look like for each model: 

iPhone SE 16GB = $450+tx

iPhone SE 64GB = $580+tx 

It's important to keep in mind that our prices are subject to change however. 

I hope this information was helpful. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Your grandfathered smart plan will be treated as a Plus10 .

jm6262
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Why is it Plus 10 and not Plus 15? wouldnt the standard plan be plus 10?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @jm6262

@KAPABLE-K was right, grandfathered smart plas  will be considered Plus10 and grandfathered Max plans will be considered Plus15.