Google Pixel XL March 2017 Security Patch

SOLVED
ahk
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello,

When should we expect to get this patch? Its almost end of March and my Pixel XL is still running the last February patch. Please advise.

Thanks,

AK

Accepted Solution

Re: Google Pixel XL March 2017 Security Patch

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Ahk,

Welcome to the community!

While some carrierrs have opted to handle the update and security releases (ie Verizon), Fido/Rogers have decided to have the updates provided from Google directly. You should be receiving them from Google (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

View solution in context
15 REPLIES 15
ngga

its past march, where is the april sp...

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey ngga! 

The April Security Patch + the VoLTE update is available now and is currently being rolled out. 

Keep in mind that the updates are pushed in batches so there may be delays associated with when the update is released and when it becomes available for you, but, don't worry, it's on it's way. 

Keep an eye on our OS Upgrade Schedule for the latest info on software updates.

zero383

@FidoAmandaN wrote:

Hey ngga! 

The April Security Patch + the VoLTE update is available now and is currently being rolled out. 

Keep in mind that the updates are pushed in batches so there may be delays associated with when the update is released and when it becomes available for you, but, don't worry, it's on it's way. 

Keep an eye on our OS Upgrade Schedule for the latest info on software updates.

Today is May 6th and I haven't received any security patches on my Pixel XL since the Feb 5th one. Is there an issue on Fido's end? My friends who are on Fido haven't gotten patches either. My other friends that are not on Fido all have the latest security updates already.

I'm stuck on 7.1.1 with Feb 5th, 2017 patch.

Hey @zero383! We answered your other post. As mentioned in this thread, we are looking into the issue and we will update the tread once we have more information. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@ahk if you do not want to wait for Google to push the OTA to your phone you can download it from Google and apply it yourself, the link is here.

Hey @ahk, the update is scheduled to be pushed out as of April 3.

Our OS schedule will be updated if anything changes. Smiley

ahk

Hello,

Its April 12th and still no March or April security updates!! What is going on at Fido? 

Hey @ahk

I totally get how the "wait-game" is never fun! Best we can do is refer you to the answers previously given within this thread. 

@FidoStephen wrote:

Hey @ahk, the update is scheduled to be pushed out as of April 3.

Our OS schedule will be updated if anything changes. Smiley

Hello FidoStephen,

Does that mean Fido/Rogers are now providing the updates rather than directly from Google?

Cheers

Hey @Cawtau,

The March security patch is being paired with the enablement of VoLTE this time, which is why Rogers/Fido needs to certify the update. Future security patches will be directly from Google Smiley

@FidoStephen wrote:

Hey @Cawtau,

The March security patch is being paired with the enablement of VoLTE this time, which is why Rogers/Fido needs to certify the update. Future security patches will be directly from Google Smiley

@siamak__ i'm not sure if you missed what @FidoStephen said here that the March security update will be paired with the new update that will enable VoLTE. That's the update that is being rolled out now.

siamak__
I'm a Contributor Level 2

OS update schedule says that the 7.1.2 is available now. But I am still on 7.1.1 and February security patch level.

@siamak__ all updates are done in batches that means it is possible it can take a few hours to a few days before its pushed to your phone. 

You can also try doing a manual update check to see if you will get it.

siamak__
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@KAPABLE-K 1 month has already passed since the February update. My case is not a matter of hours and days.

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Ahk,

Welcome to the community!

While some carrierrs have opted to handle the update and security releases (ie Verizon), Fido/Rogers have decided to have the updates provided from Google directly. You should be receiving them from Google (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers