Google Pixel Backorder

Google Pixel Backorder

Google Pixel Backorder

CGallagher
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Google Pixel Backorder

I just upgraded my wife phone to a 32 gig Silver Pixel XL. I asked if the phone was in stock (as I would have picked up locally otherwise) and the rep said it was. Two days later I finally get a email about the order and the phone is on backorder? How long is this back order?. This is a repeat occurrence with Fido, I ask them something, they give me the answer, only to find out that it is completely wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
CGallagher

I just got off the phone with a CSR, and she told me that there is no ETA when the phone will be in.

I asked the first rep at the time of order and they said that there was a bunch in stock, or I could pick up locally. I opted to have it delivered to save me time.

Now when I ask the rep if I could pick up locally she tells me that I have to pay the price of the phone upfront even at a fido store. When I got my S7 at launch I never had to do this, so now I am at the mercy of hoping they get enough in to fulfilll my order, and who knows when that will be. Given all the issues I have had with Fido since my s7 breaking 3 days after and now this ordeal, I am starting to consider other telecom options.

Hi there @CGallagher

Thanks for taking to time to reach out to the Community. 

One possibility, as @Kapable-K explained above, is simply that when the agent placed the order, our stock numbers had not yet been updated, so we the agent might not have been able to know the device was aleady back-ordered. 

I definitely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this!

At this point, you can wait for the phone to back in stock, and shipped out to you. 

Another option would be to cancel the phone order, and simply purchase it in person instead!

Did you prefer going with this option? Smiley

CGallagher

@FidoCatherine I would have gone and picked up the phone locally, but I was told that I need to pay the remaining price of the phone right there, as it was not a option to but that balance on my bill like it is if I ordered the phone from a CSM. Putting the balance of the phone for my next bill would allow me not have to fork out 600 in one shot.

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @CGallagher

I can totally understand where you're coming from. Purchasing the phone in stores now does require a payment to be done directly there to cover difference owing on the device. 

Having us ship it to you may take a little longer but will make sure that the amount left owing on the phone is only billed to the following invoice. 

We realize this is a popular phone and doing everything we can to refill the stocks as quickly as possible! Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@CGallagher It could have been in stock at the time you were speaking with the agent but when orders get processed it could have go on backordered. There is no time line when it comes to back orders it will depend on when the supplier can supply Fido with more phones but i'm sure Fido will do their best to get the phone as quickly as possible to the customer.