GoDaddy and Fido email problems

SOLVED
ichoppryde
I'm a Participant Level 2

I really need some help I don't know what else to do, I have an iPhone 4 and I have an account with godaddy.com. I am trying to set up my email account with godady on my iphone and it all seems to work though I noticed I set it up over wifi, the issue I am having is I cannot send email with this account when I am on 3G I have spoken to godaddy and they are saying everything is working on there side. It looks like Fido might be blocking some ports or something along those lines is there anyone who can help me do I have to change my SMTP? I am so confused when on wifi everything works just fine but 3G i can recieve but not send Sad

I tried all the ports they give you like 80 and 3535 and SSL off when on wifi works when on 3G doesnt work.

Accepted Solution

Re: GoDaddy and Fido email problems

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 1 einsteinbqat

Completely disable smtpout.secureserver.net, using only Fido's gprs.fido.ca

Properly set your Sent Mailbox as Sent Items and Deleted Mailbox as Trash.

Voilà.

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

when you are on the cellular network (3G) try using gprs.fido.ca as your outgoing mail server

PattheBrat

I've tried changing my secondary out going server to gprs.fido.ca. Same problem ! Any suggestions ?

einsteinbqat
I'm a Participant Level 1

Completely disable smtpout.secureserver.net, using only Fido's gprs.fido.ca

Properly set your Sent Mailbox as Sent Items and Deleted Mailbox as Trash.

Voilà.

Tifoof
I'm a Participant Level 1

Toujours le problème, ca ne marche pas Crying Quelqu'un a-t-il trouvé une solution ?

Impossible d'envoyer e-mail avec smtpout.secureserver.net / gprs.fido.ca / smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

GoDady is where someone would register a domain name. its not a e-mail provider the way you think.

I registered a domain name with godaddy but when i hosting my domain name, i am using Google's g-mail.

When I set up my email on my fido phone, my e-mail thinks its a g-mail account.  Get it?

GoDaddy is  just the registrar,  you need a host such as doteasy or gmail or what not for your e-mail to work on a device or computer.  Heres a tip, if you can read your e-mail in an outlook, then you can get it to work on your phone

PattheBrat

Activer comme serveur secondaire le serveur gprs.fido.ca ne semble pas être une solution à l'envoi de courriel par le biais de mon fido.

Quelqu'un a-t-il une autre porposition pour ceux qui ont un compte Godaddy ?

ichoppryde

Could you give me some step by steps would be really helpful
killer23d
I'm Helpful Level 1

I have GoDaddy too and I recently migrated to Google Apps. If you want more reliable service, you can transfer some services to Google for free, after that you can iMAP all you want for your email.

The best thing is, you still get to keep your domain. You are merely shifting some of the GoDaddy services to Google and it took Google 12-15 hours to get everything transferred. The result is complete happiness! You check your domain email by going to Gmail.com or use the mail app!

See here to get started: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html