Galaxy S6 security updates

SOLVED
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I am wondering why the Galaxy S6 is still sitting with a November security update. I know people with unlocked versions that have January 2016. Whose fault is this Samsung or Fido? bad enough you have to wait 6 months for a software update for this phone. Over 3 months now since 6.0 has been out and nothing on update schedule here, Nada.

Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S6 security updates

Solved by Community Manager

Hey everyone!

The wait is over... The Android M update with Wi-Fi Calling & security updates is now available for the S6/S6 Edge! Thank you, everyone, for your patience with this.

To find out more about Wi-Fi Calling, click here.

View solution in context
23 REPLIES 23
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

While I know this doesn't help right now, you might want to consider a Nexus phone next time. I've had Marshmallow on my Nexus 5 since October. Currently running 6.0.1 with the February patch level.

Senior MVP

@tcartr wrote:

I am wondering why the Galaxy S6 is still sitting with a November security update. I know people with unlocked versions that have January 2016. Whose fault is this Samsung or Fido? bad enough you have to wait 6 months for a software update for this phone. Over 3 months now since 6.0 has been out and nothing on update schedule here, Nada.

**Edited to add labels

Hello Tcartr,

With regards to the android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, its estimated arrival from Samsung is first quarter of 2016. Please note that once Samsung has completed its development, it will then get sent to the mobile companies. Each mobile company would then implement it with their networks before releasing the update. Also see here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Former Moderator

Hey tcartr, 

No word yet on when the next software update will be released for the S6.

You can keep an eye out on our OS Upgrade Schedule page here for any updates.