Galaxy S6 edge buzzing sound

SOLVED
darkknightt
I'm a Participant Level 3

My s6 edge produces a buzzing sound when I open my snapchat app or camera and a rattling sound that's coming from the inside of the phone when I shake it.

Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S6 edge buzzing sound

Solved by MVP MVP

You have a problem with the camera sensor, if you got your phone from Fido it should still be under warranty because it was released late April 2015. You can either take it to a Fido store and they can send it off for repairs or you can take it to a Samsung service center.

You can try looking up Samsung service centers here.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
KAPABLE-K
MVP

You have a problem with the camera sensor, if you got your phone from Fido it should still be under warranty because it was released late April 2015. You can either take it to a Fido store and they can send it off for repairs or you can take it to a Samsung service center.

You can try looking up Samsung service centers here.

darkknightt

What do I need to bring with me if I go to a Fido store?

If you have the box I would put the phone in the box when you take it in so it can have some protection, I would also walk with the receipt/paperwork when you got the phone.

Hey @darkknightt

If you need to bring your phone in for repair, make sure to take a back up first because the first step taken by the repair center will be to factory reset the device and I wouldn't want you losing all your pictures and important information!

Make sure to have a piece of ID with picture as well so they can access your account and confirm that you are eligible under the Manufacturer warranty.

Just as a reminder though, water damage and physical damage are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Most stores offer a loaner phone program while you get yours repaired. There is a $50 security deposit that will be given back as soon as you return the loaner phone.

You can find the closest store to you by clicking here

darkknightt

What if my plan is under my parent's name, can I just go there and present my own ID?

If you are an authorized contact level 1 on your parent's account, you can go ahead with no problem! 

If it's not the case, the Account Holder will need to be present with an ID in order to go ahead.

Keep in mind that if you are not authorized on file, your parent can reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter and even live chat to have your name added. Once it's done, you can simply go in store by yourself!

I hope this help. Smiley