Galaxy S6 Pre Order Status

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Galaxy S6 Pre Order Status

Has anyone's status change to IN PROGRESS yet?

I am #9 in line for 64GB Black and mine is still open as of this morning.  I see ROGERS is already starting to ship their orders and yet we have 0 communication from Fido... Speechless

***Edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 192
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Galaxy S6 Pre Order Status

Hey nathwal,

The phone is highly in demand. We're working our best to get it to you as fast as possible. You can also try and see if you can find it in your closest Fido store. Altough it doesn't come with the wireless charger, you might be able to get the device sooner.

Hope this helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 101 of 192
Highlighted

I gave up and cancelled.  Didn't look like it was going to happen for at least a couple weeks or more.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 102 of 192
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I pre-ordered back in March I have been 6th line for the 32gb edge black for 2 weeks. It's being delivered to fido store in Rockland Centre in montreal. I went there today and they told be they get about 5 reserved units per week so how is it that my position in line has not moved in 2 weeks and no one at fido can explain except to say they have no access to the reservation system. Very frustrating experience so far.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 103 of 192
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Hi jlambri,

From past experience on the iphone 5S and 6. Fido's online reservation system is DIFFERENT than the store allocation queue.  Reserving first online does not mean you are the first to get the phone, only first in the online queue.

Fido (and other carriers) has a seperate queue for walk in customers. These phone allocation are entirly seperate from the online reservation queue and are higher priority than online queue to drum up hype for the phone and enure avaliablity for walk in customers. Walk in customers in some aspect are more important than online reserved customers because they haven't made the deposit yet.

But online reserved customers has their perks too. For high demand phones like the Iphone, you might have to wait in line for hours to ensure you get the phone on day 1.  If supply is scarce, walk in customers have to travel from store to store to locate a phone. and also online reserved customers also get a free wireless charger for giving Fido a deposit prior to the phone release. The downside of course is you have to wait until the low priority reserved line gets its phone allocation.

Hope this helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 104 of 192
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Two weeks ago, I was number 2 in line, last week I became number 1 in line, today... number 1 in line... you gotta be kidding me!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 105 of 192
Highlighted

are you waiting for the base model or any other? i ordered 32gb (not edge) on Monday, began with 33 in line. shipped out on Wednesday via UPS.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 106 of 192
Highlighted

Foiled again.

I cancelled my phone reservation, as it was too long a wait for me.  Fido staff told me over the phone that I was lucky, as the phone was in stock (s6 edge) and I would get the phone quicker (than the reservation route), but as a trade-off wouldn't get a wireless charger if I ordered from them.  Meh.

Just called Fido today, to clarify when my phone was shipped and I was promptly told that there are no phones in stock and they have "no idea" when they are coming in.   So, the opposite of what I was told 5 business days ago.  17 years with Fido and any / all redeeming qualities that I once liked are well out the window.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 107 of 192
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi slimmer1972! 

I'm sorry to learn you've been misinformed. As much as I'd love to give you an approximate delay, the Samsung S6/S6 Edge is in high demand, which causes additional delays on top of our regular delivery delays (7 business days).

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be getting it soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 108 of 192
Highlighted

Hi Samantha,

Though I thank you for your quick response, my disappointment has nothing to do with delays, or the popularity of the phone in question.  It has to do with Fido's lack of transparency and not being able to give clear answers.  If stock levels are at "0", just tell me that.

I've been given 4 different answers in 4 different conversations.  I was definitively told...twice...that the phone was in stock.  Staff double-checked to confirm.  This was the main reason why I cancelled my reservation.  To be told the complete opposite a week later just doesn't make sense.  Even  more frustrating is that I was the one that had to initiate contact to find out that my order wasn't being shipped.

With today's technology, how is it not possible to know exact inventory levels?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 109 of 192
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi slimmer1972!

I understand where you are coming from... I am assuming the phone was in stock when the order was placed but was backordered while the order was being processed.

As Samantha mentionned, the phone is highly in demand and we are truly trying our best to get it to you as fast as we can.

Have you tried your luck at a Fido store?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 110 of 192