Galaxy S6 Marshmallow update

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Galaxy S6 Marshmallow update

I've read at numerous online points today that officially Marshmallow is rolling out globally for Galaxy S6 devices starting today, Feb 15th. I've checked the Schedule for Fido, but still no change/update. Any word about when this will happen? http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s6-android-6-0-marshmallow-rolled-out-globally-all-compatibl...

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S6 Marshmallow update

Hey everyone,

The Android M update with Wi-Fi Calling & security updates is now available for the S6/S6 Edge!

Thank you so much for your patience with this!

To find out more about Wi-Fi Calling, click here.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 92
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@FidoStephen wrote:

Hey everyone,

We hear you loud and clear and we apologize for the delay in the Android M update for the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. The update will also include Wi-Fi Calling so we want to make sure everything’s working well before rolling it out. We will keep you posted - shouldn’t be much longer.

I thought switching from Bell to Fido just over a year ago was a good move. Wow was I wrong. Spending a lot of money on a good phone that is now outdated has left me very unimpressed with Fido and Rogers. I will not be renewing my contract with Fido and am praying my phone hasn't already been compromised with the lack of security updates that I was promised. Sad state of affairs if you ask me. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FIDO TO ANYONE!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 81 of 92
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Yes, this is massively disappointing. I pre ordered the GS6 on Fido to have the latest and greatest phone, and here I am in August 2016 while my phone has not had a security update since November 2015, nevermind the OS update.

I could not reccommend Fido or a Samsung smartphone on Fido to anyone in good conscience.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 82 of 92
Highlighted

I enjoy Fido and their service but when it comes to updating their Android phones they suck, but not to mention you could have Spotify for 2 years just last month they changed it to 6 months. I'm only staying with Fido because of my 2 year Spotify subscription. Once that's done switching to another carrier, really also want the Galaxy Note 7
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 83 of 92
Highlighted

So just came accross about Android 7.0 Nougat... http://www.androidcentral.com/android-70-nougat-likely-releasing-august-22

While Nexus devices will be upgrading to Android Nougat August 22, us S6/S6 Edge owners will still be waiting for Android 6.0/6.0.1 Marshmallow for a long while it seems. Thanks so much Fido will definitely be switching to another when my 2 year contract is up, love my current service but hate how long it takes you guys to update your Android phones...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 84 of 92
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

*sigh* I keep promising not to comment anymore on this cluster of a situation and keep getting drawn back.

To think about nougat when they still can't get 6 out? expect fall 2017 for that.

My bill is due in a few days each time I pay it now I wince, because feel I am not getting my money's worth.

For the naysayers yes I can make calls but keeping the phone updated properly is part of the service.

I just can't see how I can renew, just coming up on a year with this contract but I can't see me staying the full two.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 85 of 92
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey everyone,

The Android M update with Wi-Fi Calling & security updates is now available for the S6/S6 Edge!

Thank you so much for your patience with this!

To find out more about Wi-Fi Calling, click here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 86 of 92
Highlighted

On the same day that Android N Nougat is set to be released, great!

It's already too late.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 87 of 92
Highlighted

Now taht I got the update my phone runs so slow takes forever to get a text it will beep and then only show up 10 20 seconds later if I'm texting someone and receive a text it freezes my phone and have to wait. For them to take so long for it to come out and now make my phone run like **bleep** I'm not pleased at all as soon as my contract is up I'm gone!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 88 of 92
Highlighted

@Phat24 wrote:
Now taht I got the update my phone runs so slow takes forever to get a text it will beep and then only show up 10 20 seconds later if I'm texting someone and receive a text it freezes my phone and have to wait. For them to take so long for it to come out and now make my phone run like **bleep** I'm not pleased at all as soon as my contract is up I'm gone!

@Phat24 Try clearing the cache partition and see if that helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 89 of 92
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Everyone. I updated my Samsung S6 today to 6.01 Marshmellow

Check your phone. I had to prompt the phone to search for updates even though it was set to auto but it was there, upgrading now

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 90 of 92