Galaxy S6 Marshmallow update

I'm a Participant Level 3 CTM66
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've read at numerous online points today that officially Marshmallow is rolling out globally for Galaxy S6 devices starting today, Feb 15th. I've checked the Schedule for Fido, but still no change/update. Any word about when this will happen? http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s6-android-6-0-marshmallow-rolled-out-globally-all-compatibl...

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S6 Marshmallow update

Hey everyone,

The Android M update with Wi-Fi Calling & security updates is now available for the S6/S6 Edge!

Thank you so much for your patience with this!

To find out more about Wi-Fi Calling, click here.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 92
I'm a Contributor Level 1 ryanl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Oh ho I beg to differ!

Although the update is now ridiculously late, and despite the fact that they promised it last month, I am fully prepared to believe FIDO when they change 'June' to 'soon'...

Because I am stupid enough to have signed up with them in the first place.

(Smart enough, however, to not make that mistake again...)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 61 of 92
I'm a Participant Level 2 customer987426
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fun fact: Pokemon Go released in Canada faster than Rogers/Fido updating this phone to marshmallow.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 62 of 92
I'm a Contributor Level 1 floyd

Honestly Fido, it's getting a bit ridiculous how long it's taking to get Marshmallow on my S6. Even the S5 has it now, according to your OS Update schedule. Can I even expect to get it before 2017?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 63 of 92
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I posted easy instructions to work around Fido refusing to release the update but since they found it necessary to delete my post I'll simply say Google How to change CSC for Samsung Galaxy devices and follow the instructions. This requires no rooting or hacking of any kind. You end up with the exact same KNOX enabled device running Android 6.0.1

Good luck

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 64 of 92
I'm a Participant Level 1 Antaress
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello guys..
I do not understant how it is still possible that we wait for this update.. all the other devices and carriers already have it.. I don't see the point. Fido is really driving customers away. This seems really unfair..
On the freaking site with sheaduled updates it is standing "Comming soon from February" I mean, c'mon..
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 65 of 92
I'm a Participant Level 2 koppit
I'm a Participant Level 2

What do we change it to?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 66 of 92
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Sasketel (BWA) and Eastlink (ESK) have the latest build.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 67 of 92
I'm a Contributor Level 2 Dions
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I tried the bell network and now eastlink, the update hasn't pop up, is it instant or it take a couple of hours to show up? Also i don't have my sim card inserted it's in my 2nd phone, does it affect the search of the update?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 68 of 92
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

So happy not to be sitting around waiting for Marshmallow. Coming soon obviously means Fido doesn't know if or when they'll ever have Marshmallow for the S6/S6 Edge. I really hope Samsung gives Rogers /Fido a severe reprimand for how this is all being handled.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 69 of 92
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@Dions SIM card do not need to be in. Just connect to WiFi and do a manual software update check.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 70 of 92
Highlighted

@KAPABLE-K and @Antaress it worked!!! I now have 6.0.1 with security patch April 2, 2016.

TLS give you the update instaly, you don't need to put the SIM card, just use your wifi. 

i'm changing it back to FMC for fido, hopefully VOLTE will working, ill be testing it in a couple of min. 

FIDO thank's for all the support........ keep your update and fire your IT team since they are useless..
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 71 of 92
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Way to go, I installed it that way also. got tired of waiting for that intern to figure things out. At this rate Android N will be on phones before they get M on the S6 line.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 72 of 92

Quick update, Everything works well, the network was on edge so i had to go in the network setting and choose fido again. LTE is back. Sooo Volte doesn't work ill have to figure out why and how to reconfigure it. Fido if you read this make your magic happen, don't tell us its the update issue bla bla cause it's not true. Guys not talking about Fido IT's btw, if you know the answer let me know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 73 of 92

Ok quick update, volte is working, I have tested it. You can pm me if you want to do the update, I will try to reply asap.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 74 of 92
I'm a Contributor Level 1 floyd

Sooo Fido. It's pretty much the middle of August now and we still don't have an update for the S6. I would check the update schedule as suggested ad infinitum by the moderators, but seeing as how it states 'Coming Soon' for months on end, I wouldn't hold my breath. I wonder if there's any way I can contact Samsung to let them know how bad you are at selling/managing their products.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 75 of 92