Galaxy S6 Call Issues

I'm a Contributor Level 2 yolo22
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Galaxy S6 Call Issues

For the last 3 days whenever I make or receive a call, I can only hear the person on the other end of the line for a second or two, then I cannot hear them any more. The same goes for the other person, they can hear the first word I say and then they cannot hear me and I cannot hear them.

I notice that the network has switched to 4g when this happens. At my place of work, the network often changes from LTE to 4g. I also miss calls when I am on 4g, the phone doesn't ring, but when I look at my phone I have a missed call.

I have the latest updates and I have already factory reset my phone.

Is there an issue with the network?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 10
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Re: Galaxy S6 Call Issues

do you know what version firmware your phone on?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 10

Android 5.1.1

Build number LMY47X.G920W8VLU3BOJ7

The latest version available, came out in November I think last year!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 10
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Try setting the phone on GSM only and see if that resolves the problem. If that still does not work Your phone should still be under warranty because Fido released it late April last year so you can take it to a Fido store and they can send it off for repairs or you can take it to a any Samsung service center.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 10
I'm a Contributor Level 2 tcartr

You do not have the latest updates if you are with Fido. My Galaxy S6 still sits with November security update. Today Samsung released the April update with 41 Fixes from google, some marked as critical updates. Fido /Rogers have not pushed these put do my phone is not secure under us open to these exploits. If my phone is damaged due to a lack of these updates will Fido replace it. I am not going to stop questions about the lack of these updates. We are using phones that are not secure and up to date.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 10
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@tcartr We need to make sure that the software is tested before we can release it. You can click here for our schedule. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 10
I'm a Contributor Level 2 tcartr

Oh come on there has been no security release for the Galaxy S6 since the November and it is now April and April has just been released by Samsung. So I am to believe they are still testing December, January, February and March release why are they not on my phone. Some might not care but I do.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 10

I'm still getting the same issue today, missed calls but the phone doesn't ring! And I notice that the network is switching between LTE and 4G.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 10

Hey @yolo22

Did you get a chance to try out your phone on GSM to see if it makes a difference? 

This information can help us understand the root cause of the issue a little better. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 10

I can try that and let you know!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 10