Galaxy S Please

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Galaxy S Please

With all 3 major carriers getting the Galaxy S (captivate, vibrant, fascinate), it would be nice if Fido could get a high end Android phone (and not an Acer or Sony Ericsson).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Re: Galaxy S Please

I would be interested to get this phone working legaly on Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

What do you mean "legally"? You make it sound as if you bring your own phone it's somehow "illegal"? LOL

It's pretty easy to get an unlocked torch and use it on Fido, and unlocking phones is not illegal...it is simply RESTORING the phone back to the way the manufacturer intended it to be.

LOCKING phones should be illegal in this day and age.

Regards.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Exactly, to add what Justin said, its an OPEN market., your not restricted to what ever phones Fido offers, you have a choice to buy any phone providing its compatible with our frequencies and bands, and yes an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S will work on Fido.

Just because its not sold by Fido does not mean you can never use one on Fido, just buy it make sure its unlocked and pop in your Sim card.

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy S 11 Please

please I need to know if and how we can use fido sim card on galaxy S 11  phone.  Can you help me please ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Galaxy S 11 Please

Hello NAnge,

In order to operate on Fido's network, a handset must be:

- Running on the GSM (Global Systems for Mobile Communications) technology
- Compatible with the 1900 MHz and 850 MHz frequencies
- SIM unlocked

Please note that if your handset has not been provided to you by Fido, we cannot guarantee that data and text message services will function properly, even if the voice service functions well, nor can we offer support.

Therefore, you would have to make sure that your phone is compatible with our network and that it is unlocked. Once you know that, you will be able to take your Fido SIM and use it in the Galaxy S 11.

I hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Is anyone currently using an unlocked Samsung Glaaxy s2 phone on the Fido Network ? If so , how fast is your data connection ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7