Galaxy Nexus Jellybean.

I'm a Participant Level 3 fido9034
I'm a Participant Level 3

Galaxy Nexus Jellybean.

I'd really like to know when Jellybean will be rolling out for me OTA, a real answer woyld be nice for once, fido says samsung then samsung says google so on and so forth, someone must know so lets hear it!

Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy Nexus Jellybean.

Hey everyone!
Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. To have the latest information on OS updates I welcome you to click here. The page includes all OS release an tentative dates and will be updated as often as information becomes available.
Hope it helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 11

Anyone? 20+ views and no one can help? I thought this was called fido answers?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 11
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Mike
I'm a Contributor Level 1

The Fido version fo the Galaxy Nexus is the Yakjuux build, meaning that the Jelly Bean update will be pushed directly from Samsung. It'll take a little while longer than the Yakju ones (which I believe is the international version), but rest assured, the update is certainly coming within the next little while. Everything is in Samsung's hands, though!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 11

Would contacting Samsung do.anything for me?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 11
I'm a Contributor Level 2 maduro999
I'm a Contributor Level 2

After talking to.google i called.samsung and asked about the.updates, they told me that they only make the hardware and are.not responsible for updates on the galaxy nexus, they said we would control and push updates for the S2 and so forth through keis, and galaxy nexus doesnt support keis......sad
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 Arkguil

Does anyone know what is the exact difference between Yakju and Yakjuux? The phone is basically the same.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 11
I'm a Contributor Level 1 dpetite

Mike, are you saying that Samsung pushes ALL the updates for that model of Nexus?  Does Samsung know this? 

I ask because I have not received a single update to my Nexus since it was released to me back in February.

Could someone give us a straight answer on this?  Some replies (from Fido) say "call Google" and people who called Google are told "ask Fido" or "call Samsung" and people who call Samsung are told "ask Fido."

Seriously guys, YOU sold us the device so you should have some real idea on how to support it.

Also, you might wish to talk to your other reps who say Fido does control the release of the updates, but only after they test it thoroughly.  I guess 4.0.2 needs 6 months testing?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 11
I'm a Participant Level 3 Arkguil

I talked to a Samsung Rep this morning and he confirmed that Samsung is responsible for updates of the Yakjuux version (Rogers - Canada).

Samsung is basically sending the OTA to Fido who then test it and push it to it's subscribers.

So, comming from Samsung, Google IS NOT responsible for the ROGERS version of the Galaxy Nexus. Samsung/Rogers is.

Funny that they say we are getting a Vanilla version of the Nexus straight from Google. This is NOT TRUE. There is Carrier specific parts/software for the Galaxy Nexus (Thus, the different Builds for the different Carriers) that is preventing us from installing the Stock Roms and simply upgrading straight from the Google images.

This is so wrong, false advertising... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 11
I'm a Contributor Level 1 delander

There are numerous threads here about this - too many.      I too had a Galaxy Nexus running 4.0.1.

Google released 4.0.4 on March 28, Verizon did their update May 30th, and, to this point, nothing at all from Fido despite this being an unlocked phone and there is no requirement for doing anything to the update on their part as far as I can see.

My phone is now running ICS 4.1.1 . 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 11
I'm a Contributor Level 2 maduro999
I'm a Contributor Level 2

trust me, you will not.see an update before 6 months, if at all.
There have been many updates on gnex since it came out and the jb update is done specific for the nexus's, and has anyone got an update by now? Nope!
So best thing to do is just forget about it and save yourself a headache.
Cheers.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 11
Fido Employee Tru
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone!
Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. To have the latest information on OS updates I welcome you to click here. The page includes all OS release an tentative dates and will be updated as often as information becomes available.
Hope it helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 11