GPS Tracking Device

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

GPS Tracking Device

Hi,

Fido seems to block an IP or a port on their system. I have a GPS tracking device (2G). When I use Rogers Sim Card (data only) and it is working fine. When I switch to Fido Sim card (data only), it doesn't work at all. Many people complain that Fido blocked some of the ports and they cannot use Fido service on some devices.

I need to access 202.61.84.199 Port 30018 for Car GPS Tracking device. 

I tried to plug the Fido Sim card onto my tablet and I switched to the 2G connection. I can still go on the Internet without any issue. I don't think it is an issue for the Sim Card, 2G connection or GPS tracking device. The only thing is the firewall issue on Fido side.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: GPS Tracking Device

Hey @leungda

Welcome to the community🙂

Are you referring to the Smart Drive? As this service is offered exclusively from Rogers.

If it's a GPS , can you please confirm the name and the model of the device? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

No.

It is a Vehicle GPS Tracking Device. The device needs to access 202.61.84.199 Port 30018. It is Aoya T6 OBD Tracking device. It doesn't matter what is it. The matter is FIDO block access to 202.61.84.199 Port 30018. The device can be used on Rogers data only sim card but not FIDO data only sim card. It doesn't make sense.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey leungda! 

Looks like we'll need to take a closer look at what's happening here. If your device is working with the Rogers network, there is no reason why it should not be working with ours as we share a network. 

Keep an eye on your inbox, you have a PM coming your way shortly!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4