FULL CONTEST RULES
Fido Technical Community Contest
The “Fido Technical Community Contest” (the “Contest”) is open to residents of Canada, 16 years or older who are existing Fido customers before February 15, 2011, excluding employees of Fido Solutions, operated by Rogers Communications Partnership. (herein referred as the “Contest Sponsor” or “Fido”), its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. .
1. The contest period begins on February 22nd, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. and ends on March 22nd, 2011, the Contest Closing Date. No purchase necessary. All times are Eastern Times.
2. HOW TO ENTER
Now that you have sign in to the Fido Technical Community, pose a question to the community on technically related issues in connection with Fido products or services. Your question must be new to the Fido Technical Community and will not be eligible for entry in the Contest should someone else already have asked your question and someone else already have answered it.
Once you receive an appropriate answer and solution to one of your questions, go to the post that provided the solution to your question, click on options (located on the top right of the post) and click Accept as Solution in the dropdown menu, or, click on Accept as Solution in the bottom right hand side of the post and finally click confirm to earn one (1) entry in the Contest.
Each eligible “Accepted Solution” that provided a solution to an eligible question during the Contest Period will count as one (1) entry in the Contest. Any attempt or suspected attempt to increase the odds of winning the Fido Technical Community, any posting of a solution by an entrant to his/her own question, and any programmed or entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries.
Participants are eligible to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab™, valued at approximately $600.00. The Samsung Galaxy Tab does not include activation on the Fido network or data plan. Winner is responsible for all costs including but not limited to, the activation on the Fido network.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER
The entrant with the most eligible Accepted Solutions to his/her eligible questions during the Contest Period will be determined the eligible winner on March 22nd, 2011 and will be contacted by email at the email address indicated in his / her Fido Technical Community Forums registration. In the event of a tie between the top entrants, a random draw will be made by a representative of the Contest Sponsor to determine the eligible winner on that same day.
5. If a selected entrant fails to claim his/her prize as instructed within the indicated time period in the notification email, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, fails to sign a Release of Liability as may be specified by the Contest Sponsor or fails to present a valid ID, entrant will have forfeited the opportunity to claim the prize and Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select the entrant with the second most eligible Accepted Solutions or to cancel the prize.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
7. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question at the time of claiming the prize and may need to sign a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. In the event the selected entrant is a minor, the entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be deemed to be the entrant who must meet all contest eligibility requirements and who may accept the prize on behalf of the minor. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
8. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
9. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
10. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
11. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible questions and Accepted Solutions. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed questions, answers/solutions and entries or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
13. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
14. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
15. Any litigation in Quebec respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by Contest Sponsor affecting the conduct of this Contest are subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.