Frustrated with FIDO Service

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 LPYR
I'm a Participant Level 2

Frustrated with FIDO Service

I purchased a phone with my FIDO dollars and FIDO is giving me the "run - a - round". Since I did not return it in first 15 days, they will not replace the phone with a new one even thogh the problem has been on going since I purchased the phone. Every time I have a problem with it, I have to call FIDO who temporarily fixes it and then the same problem happens a few days later. I've been told it's a phone problem and I've also been told it's a FIDO problem. I have also sent it back to Samsung who said they fixed it and then within 4 days it was not working properly again. FIDO replaced the sim card for a 2nd time today and said it's fixed but I've been told this 10 times before and this is the 2nd time they replaced the sim card so I am not holding my breath.   Also the sim card worked perfectly fine when I had the "loaner" phone last week when mine was being repaired by Samsung. Does anyone have suggestions of what I can do. I have had the phone since Oct., 2014 and have had a continual problem. Who can I contact about FIDO service?  This is definitely a "dud" phone that FIDO sold me and they don't seem to care about the number of hours I have been on the phone with them and the several times I've had to drive to the store where I got it.  Completely frustrated with FIDO!  I was told today to simply call back when it stops working and they will work on it again.  When I asked for a new phone if replacing sim card doesn't work, they would not agree. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Re: Frustrated with FIDO Service

Hi there LPYR!

What kind of issues are you having with the phone exactly? 

If your phone is currently covered by the manufacturers’ warranty, the only option available to have the phone fixed free of charge would be to take advantage of the Loaner/Repair service: http://bit.ly/LoanerPhones

If you have the Device Protection service, you can have your phone replaced. Please note that there is a replacement fee which varies depending on the phone model you have. You can verify the replacement fee here: http://www.phoneclaim.com/fido/program This is only offered for monthly service subscribers. 

If you'd like to look into your options of getting a new phone, feel free to reach out to us via Private message on Facebook or Twitter!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 LPYR
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you for replying.  my phone is a samsung galaxy core lte black.  The phone doesn't ring - it goes right to voicemail.  They have replaced the sim card twice, changed my voicemail several times  and had it repaired by samsung.  Everytime something was done, it worked for a couple of days and then starting going to voicemail again.  I could buy a new phone but it's the principal of if - why should I spend more money when this is a FIDO phone and they should recognize it;s a dud and replace it.  I'm ready to throw it in their face and never ever go with them again and I will certainly let everyone know what has happened.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)

Do you have the device protection LPYR?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Fido Employee AdamBeast
Fido Employee

It seems that you have trouble to recieve calls with your Samsung Core LTE phone. 

This may also be a phone setting or signal strength issue.

Could you try these steps please? 

1. dial ##21# from your phone to disable all call forwarding option. 

(This will prevent a call forwarding to vm directly if an app or the phone had a call forwarding set up. )

2. go to Settings -> More Networks -> Network mode ->  change mode to 2G/3G, without LTE mode. 

(This may improve your signal strength, especially indoor. )

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5