Frustrated no service all week

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

I have had no service this week or it's been off more than it's been on. I done live chat twice now and taken my phone apart and given my sim number and service comes back on and then goes down again. This is so frustrating that this is happening everyday  and I don't know what to do it's a new phone also I am at a loss. help pls

8 REPLIES 8
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Broberts58 That's not good, what phone are you using and did you get it from Fido? Do you get this problem everywhere you go or just at a specific place?

Do you have access to another phone that you can try your SIM card in to see if you will get the same issue if you don't then it could be a problem with your phone if you do it could be the SIM card.

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

It's a LG G3 I had this problem when i first got the phone also and it was because they didn't register the sim card properly. I am doing a factory reset and see what happens when it's done. I don't have another phone this sim card will work in. Thanks appreciate your help

@Broberts58 OK, if the SIM works in another phone then the issue I believe is witht he phone itself.

edit: after you factory reset it make sure the APN settings are correct. If you are still getting the issue try setting the phone on auto GSM/WCDMA then switch back to LTE auto.

• Tap on Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names;
  • Once on the APN screen, press the Options button on the device;
  • Tap on New APN
  • Enter a name into the APN Name field.
  • Please insert the following APN settings:

APN Settings:

• APN: Fido-core-appl1.apn
    • If you have a LTE device, use the following setting: LTEMOBILE.APN

MMS (Picture & Video Messaging Settings):

• Leave the following fields blank: Proxy, Port, User Name, Password, Server
  • Press the Options button on your device, tap on Save in order to save the APN settings.
  • Restart the phone and try browsing the Internet.

NOTE: The created APN will show up on the APNs screen. To activate the APN, tap on the radio button located in front of APN.

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

Finally got the problem fixed through live chat with Julie Smiley I gave her my SIM # just like I had twice before with other tech support but she figured it out and my service has been good since 4 pm. i don't know what she did and she never offered to tell me but it's working and thats all that matters. Thank you so much for trying help me fix this problem I appreciate it and this community Smiley

@Broberts58 Awesome! Glad you got it corrected now.

Broberts58
I'm Helpful Level 1

Service has been very sporadic inside and outside comes on for a few minutes and then goes down again. Support checked sim card twice now and my service etc and service comes back on then goes down again.

Can you give us some more info: Make and model of your phone Did you get it from Fido Is the SIM a LTE SIM can you try disabling LTE on your phone.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Broberts58!

I definitely understand how this can be frustrating; let's figure out what's going on!

To start off, does this happen in specific locations? Is it outdoors/indoors? And can you also let me know what tests have been done when you contacted customer service?

Thanks. Smiley