Fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips

I'm a Participant Level 2 Ktlyn
I'm a Participant Level 2

So this is a huge hit at my family bashes. Normally I have to double the recipe and never have any left overs. This dish is something you serve same day as your apples will brown and salsa will get runny.

If you see the picture, I did make my chips both plain and with cinnamon which is fine to do as well. And you can substitute the sugar for Splenda, stevia, or whatever you prefer.

FB_IMG_1541759925314.jpgFruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips (also made plain)

Ingredients:

• 2 kiwis , peeled and diced
  •  2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled , cored and diced
  •  8 ounces raspberries
  •  1 16 oz carton of strawberries, diced
  •  2 tablespoons white sugar (more or less to taste)
  •  1 tablespoon brown sugar (more or less to taste)
  •  3 tablespoons fruit preserves , any flavor (I used strawberry)
  •  10 10 inch flour tortillas (or use bagged cinnamon chips or cinnamon graham crackers)
  •  melted butter
Cinnamon sugar:
  •  1 cup white sugar
  •  2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Instructions:

• In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.                         For the Cinnamon Chips:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Coat one side of each flour tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle tortillas with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
  • Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Cool for approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Fido Employee dogabone
Fido Employee

Re: Fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips

my favourite to date!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Fido Employee LydiaBai
Fido Employee

Re: Fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips

Looks soooo good!