From 4G/3G to E

From 4G/3G to E

From 4G/3G to E

SOLVED
jc530
I'm a Participant Level 1

From 4G/3G to E

Hi,

For years now, I have always had 4G and/or 3G signal on my phone, yesterday, it went to E, I turned it on and off, rebooted, removed the sim card, nothing.  I wonder what has suddenly happened???  

Accepted Solution

Re: From 4G/3G to E

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@jc530 wrote:

Hi,

For years now, I have always had 4G and/or 3G signal on my phone, yesterday, it went to E, I turned it on and off, rebooted, removed the sim card, nothing.  I wonder what has suddenly happened???  

Hello Jc530,

Welcome to the forums!

For the moment, I'll assume that your phone is not an LTE phone since you haven't mentioned LTE.

What do you mean by nothing, when you restarted your phone? No signal at all, or still E?

First impression would be as @KAPABLE-K suggested and that '3G' signal was weak so it dropped to 2G. It is also possible that network traffic on the '3G' network was very high at that particular moment so your phone was bumped to 2G.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@jc530 wrote:

Hi,

Hello Jc530,

Welcome to the forums!

For the moment, I'll assume that your phone is not an LTE phone since you haven't mentioned LTE.

What do you mean by nothing, when you restarted your phone? No signal at all, or still E?

First impression would be as @KAPABLE-K suggested and that '3G' signal was weak so it dropped to 2G. It is also possible that network traffic on the '3G' network was very high at that particular moment so your phone was bumped to 2G.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey jc530! 

Welcome to the Community!

Have you looked at your network settings? Is LTE enabled on your phone?

Are you getting this while you are indoor only?

KAPABLE-K
MVP

It could just mean you were in an area where the 4g/3g signal was week so it went on E.