Free International calls on data talk and text plan

muisng62
I'm a Participant Level 1

hi! thanks in advance for answering my query below...

I noticed that Singapore and Malaysia are not indicated inside the list of countries for the free International calls for the data talk and text plan. Would you know if the countries listed are comprehensive? It would be useful to me if these are included.

thank you:)

3 REPLIES 3
FidoClaudia

Hey @muisng62

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Certain available plans include 1000 minutes of long distance to the destinations that are listed on Fido.ca.

If you can't find those 2 countries on that list, no worries, you can add a Value Pack that will allow you to benefit from a discounted, lower international long distance rate Smiley

Here are the rates applicable with this feature:

-Singapore: $0.01/min

-Malaysia: $0.02/min

In addition, the Value Pack gives you greater value since it combines many services in 1 convenient bundle, such as

• Name Display 
  • Premium Voicemail-To-Text with 35 voice messages
    • or iPhone Visual Voicemail
  • Unlimited US & International text, picture and video messages
  • US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones
  • WhoCalled
  • 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

You can check out all the details here

Let me know if you have questions about this Smiley

Hello Muisng62,

Welcome to the community!

@FidoClaudia wrote:

If you can't find those 2 countries on that list, no worries, you can add a Travel Pack that will allow you to benefit from a discounted, lower international long distance rate Smiley

Here are the rates applicable with this feature:

-Singapore: $0.01/min

-Malaysia: $0.02/min

Perhaps FidoClaudia might have mistyped?... I think she meant to type the Premium US and International Calling Rate add-on. I don't think travel packs would be applicable within Canada.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the slip-up above; our bad! 

We meant to say Value Pack (Feel free to check out the details in the link here!)

Everything else we mentioned stands 😃

To clarify, the Value Pack allows you to get a discounted, lower international long distance rate, if you place calls from Canada to other countries! FidoClaudia provided the Us & International Premium Calling rate link above, which gives you the exact calling rate for the specific country you're calling.

I hope this helps & clarify!