Fraud

Fraud

Fraud

ruturaj
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fraud

So,

I never thought this would happen to me but it apparently did happen to me. A fraud on my account. This is a little different case than what I generally see on the forum. I don't know whether this is a system glitch or fraud but before a day I received a note from UPS that I have a package at nearest UPS office, I went their and thought that someone would have sent surprise for me, when I came home with the package and opened it, it was iPhone 8. NEVER ORDERED.

I immediately checked the receipt and it was with a fido sim. I opened my account and there it is! A new mobile number is linked to my current account with a just talk and text plan on contract. I immediately contact Fido and asked what is happening with my account and why did I receive this iPhone, she was clueless as there is no information associated with me communicating about this plan or anything. I don't even have any email information that someone would have tried accessing my account or ordered something. This is really frustrating. The customer rep was good and she said that fraud team will contact me in 48 hrs, I hope they actually will call me soon as possible.  I don't want to waste time on dealing with something which I didn't do or I am not even aware of.

I know Fido has speech recognition tool but I don't know if someone called how would that person passed the system. If someone would have ordered online by breaking my password (which is not that easy) I would get an email about the recent purchased/product upgrade from Fido (I haven't received email) which confirms no online account hacked. I don't know what happened, I just hope things get solved soon!

5 REPLIES 5
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi @ruturaj

When did you speak with our customer service? It actually takes 3 business days for someone to contact you. 

Let us know. Smiley 

ruturaj

A fraud investigation agent contacted me regarding the issue and help me solve it.

Though I am still unable to return the product as I don't have a shipping label and neither customer support nor the fraud investigation agent is able to generate the label for me.  I hope someone will contact me soon regarding that.

Hey ruturaj

I'll send you a PM and we'll look into it together. Smiley Talk to you soon! 

FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @ruturaj

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

That doesn't sound right at all. Our Fraud team can definitely help in investigating and making sure there is no impact for you. 

Has it been more than 48 business hours since you last contacted us? 

Let me know! 

ruturaj

It has been more than 48 hours and no one has contacted me yet!