Fraud issue

Fraud issue

Fraud issue

HPZ
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fraud issue

These days I had a weird experience with Fido for a fraud issue.

It seemed that On Feb. 16, 2016, Someone changed my fido account information through phone call to Fido, ordered an IPhone 6 PL & Fido SIM, delivered to a place at the address I didn't know,  and also  changed my cellphone fido plan ( monthly) to a 2 years term plan.  All were charged to my account by default.

current status: fraud investigation requested,   still awaiting the feedback from Fido Fraud investigation department.

relevant fraud investigation requests:

C108001243

C108014208

Q:   When will Fido get back to me with results of the fraud investigation  and set me assured a peace of mind?

Can Fido fraud investigation department catch the person who did the fraud and bring him to justice?

Look forward to your feedback!

39 REPLIES 39
suzyyy

It's 2018 and I am experiencing the same issue.

Someone changed my information, ordered an IphoneX and added extra large plan to my account on Feb 22, 2018. There was a $800 fause bill on my account right now. I was supposed to get a phone call from the fruad department and 3 days had passed no one called me. I got the phone # and extention of the angent for my case through chat, left 2 voicemails, but still no one contects me. 

Can anyone tells me what to do now? Should i contact the local police? Will the false bill be gone or the customer has to pay it even though it is not their fault?

Thanks

Hi @suzyyy

That's unfortunate! Let me send you a PM to check up on the investigation status. 

Talk soon. 

Bda123
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey,

Fraudulent issue here, but how they did it still puzzles my mind?! Recently I just got my bill for $2000 with LD calls not made by me. The call history showed quadruple calls dialed at the same time stamp to the same number continuously throughout the day from Aug 2 to 23. I looked at my call history now and the only thing I noticed is this blocked 1-844-404-0806 number kept calling during the same time as the fraudulent charges. I thought, could there be a connection?

Anyways, I have called Fido 611 and they told me to call the Fraud department, so I called but had to leave a voicemail. I would feel better if a live person took care of my concern because it is clear from the call history that the long distance calls were made by some sort of automated machine, yet I have this ridiculous amount owing on my account. I'm afraid to turn on my phone because the charges could continue to rack up without my knowledge of when and how!

Please PM and help me look into the issue!

Thanks,
Brenda
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Bda123

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for reaching out about this! If you left a voicemail to the fraud department they will certainly get back to you ! They're the only department that can deal with these requests.

I'll send you a PM to see what's going on, I understand how stressful these situations can be ! 

pablo-dihny

It seems like these fraud issues have never been dealt with seriously by Fido.

I've just got the same scam happened to me.

When I received the emails telling me that an Iphone 7 have been ordered to a fictitous address (a house in Etobicoke that is on the market), I immediately contacted Fido that it was not me and they should cancel the order.

They advised me that they had put a stop to it. They then instructed me to create a 4 digit passcode for improved security.

The next morning I received a subsequent email saying that my passcode and address have been changed and the phone is ready to be shipped. How is this even possible when I just created the passcode and someone already went in and changed it. What baffles me was that even my address was changed eventhough I was informed that the case have been forwarded to the Fraud department and nothing can be touched.

I was given a fraud department contact person.

I called 4 times, left voice messages. So far nothing has happened. No progress, no follow up and it has been over 2 weeks.

This is utterly unacceptable. 

It is even less assuring that Fido really takes its customers' privacy seriously. 

Can someone gets back to me on this?

Welcome to the Community @pablo-dihny

I'm sending you a PM to check things out.

duped01

Same thing just happened to me last Firday, July 8th. On the 5th, they called in to Fido, had my postal code and date of birth, changed my email address (presumably to get UPS tracking info), and upgraded my plan to get an iPhone.

They did not change the shipping address, but someone (a girl named "Sarah") waited for UPS outside my building door, presented an ID with my address on it.

BTW it is exremely easy to fake an address on Quebec a driver's licence. The address is printed onto the card, but when one moves residence, instead on getting a new card, they just send a sticker with the new address to stick on the back of the card. So anyone can print their own sticker and stick it on the card. So stupid!!

I don't know how they knew my DOB. Guessing Facebook, though my security is super tight, and I don't advertise my birthday. Also, I shred most of my snail mail. Inside job?

I live in a building where, when someone dials my door code, it rings to my cell phone and I can talk to the person outside. When UPS did their delivery, I was suprised because I hadn't ordered anything and was not expeting anything. I told the guy that I wasn't home. He replied that I will have to pick up the package at a UPS Store. I said that's fine and we hung up. A minute later, my cell rings again from the front door. Same guy tells me a girl just showed up with an ID that had My address on it, signed for the phone and left. The guy asks me if I know her. I say no. He said she knew me by name. He asks if I don't have a daughter or girlfriend. I reply that I live alone. That's when I panicked and realised something was off, thinking this guy was fishing for info, that I just told him I'm not home and that I live alone, and he would break into my place. I asked him his name, and he told me his first name but wouldn't give his last, then he hung up.
Right away, I called UPS to ask if there was a delivery at my address. To my horror, they said no. I then called a retired neighbour and asked if they could check that someone's not breaking into my place. They checked and there was no one. By the time I explained the story and they got downstairs the was no UPS.
Finally, I called the police to report it.

This happened on Friday. I tried to call UPS again over the weekend, but of course, they're closed. I called back Monday and finally I was able to confirm that there was indeed a delivery, and that the name the delivery man gave is indeed real. I was told the package was from Rogers. Knowing Fido is a parent of Rogers, I called Fido customer support, and they confirmed that they had shipped a package. When I logged into my online account, I noticed all the changes mentionned above.

I have added a PIN on the Fido account, so now when I call in, I have to provide it.

IMO the real culprate here, is the UPS driver who gave the package to someone who was not the destinatary on the shipping label.

Hey @duped01 and welcome to the Community.

We would need to take a look at your account to get this looked into.

You can reach us trough our channels here.

We can also send you a PM here on the Community.

Let us know.

Paulbedonia

Hi, i have the same issue right now. Did fido resolve your problem? And how? This **bleep**ing sucks
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Paulbedonia

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your account. I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together! 

Phavalan

I have the same issue. Someone upgraded the phone on my account to the new iPhone and changed the plan. They did all of this through FIDO CHAT. How is that even possible. Fido has the most ridiculous security and customer service.

When I called in and reported this to the Fido representative, he said he'd open a fraud case.
I was very uncomfortable and asked to speak to a supervisor. He was extremely rude to me and tried to get me to not speak to the supervisor until he now put me on hold. I have been on hold for the last 30 minutes.

I am going to file a case with the CCTS and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Hi @Phavalan!

I'm really sorry for the experience you had, I totally understand how stressful being a victime of fraud can be. 

I'd like to follow up with the situation with you! I'll send you a PM right away. 

dijo_65

Hi, 

I am currently experiencing this same issue. I have been promised back a call from fraud department but it has been a week already and I have not heard from them. What was the outcome of your case?

I am very frustrated at this point and would like to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Hello Dijo_65,

I responded to your other thread, but I thought I would also post it here as well for the benefit of any others with similar troubles:

Sorry to hear that there was fraudulent access to your account. Have you taken the appropriate measures? At the very least you should change your passwords and cancel your credit card...

If you haven't already done so, you might consider informing the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. You should also consider the advice here. It may seem like a hassle, but any preventative measures taken now are definitely better than trying to sort out stolen identities after the fact.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

sorida
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue

Someone bought an Iphone 7 from my account, changed everything, adress, email, plan, home and bussines phone numbers; so far, i have an outstanding bill of 1000 dollars

Fraud departement opened a file last thursday but with all the holidays I have no idea how long it's gonna take for them to contact me and even better to solve the case

Did your cases solved well? were you having any problems by getting your account and infos back?

Any advice, any info will ease my mind and give my night sleep back

thank you for any kind of piece of information you can give me

TKHS

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @sorida!

Due to the holidays, this should be treated latest by Tuesday.

That said, I completely understand how this can be stressful; if you'd like me to check your account with you, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

Cheers! Smiley

sorida
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi Maria,

Someone from your moderators team checked it already

Maybe you can help me more

Sure, send me a PM and I'll provide you info

Thanks

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @sorida

We replied to your PM! 

OShane2k

Why is everyone experiencing fraud issues with fido.

I'm sitting in a fido store, on hold on the phone because the rep in person couldn't be enough help, while trying to look on a forum for professional advice about my issues with fido. 

What has has Customer Service come to?

jfprieur
I'm a Participant Level 3

Its OK, they are so sharp at the fraud department that they have locked me out of my account because of their incompetence and procrastination.

Last week I got an email saying i had a UPS package from Rogers. I was curious since I had not ordered anything. I DMed the Rogers twitter account with screenshot and tracking number for the package, they said they would look into it and get back to me. That was last week.

I log in to my Fido account today and see that one of my phone lines has gone from 25$/month to 69$/month and put 2+2 together. I try chat support, no go account locked out. I call phone support, account locked out for fraud, contact extension 8866 at fraud number 1-88-381-xxx6. Get voicemail saying he works from 8AM to 4PM.

So I am locked out for a fraud that I discovered (not oblivious Fido/Rogers), for which the fraud department never called me. Without my proactivity, I would have never known about it from their elite fraud prevention team. What kind of MBA thought up your customer 'service' procedures? Oh thats right you couldnt care less.

I guess I will keep on calling since Fido has their head up somewhere where the sun doesn't shine...