Fraud issue

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fraud issue

These days I had a weird experience with Fido for a fraud issue.

It seemed that On Feb. 16, 2016, Someone changed my fido account information through phone call to Fido, ordered an IPhone 6 PL & Fido SIM, delivered to a place at the address I didn't know,  and also  changed my cellphone fido plan ( monthly) to a 2 years term plan.  All were charged to my account by default.

current status: fraud investigation requested,   still awaiting the feedback from Fido Fraud investigation department.

relevant fraud investigation requests:

C108001243

C108014208

Q:   When will Fido get back to me with results of the fraud investigation  and set me assured a peace of mind?

Can Fido fraud investigation department catch the person who did the fraud and bring him to justice?

Look forward to your feedback!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 40
Highlighted

Re: Fraud issue

Oh hi
Thanks for replying me. I called fido 3 days ago and today is 4th day..till now i didnt get any call. I called fido today like an hour ago and asked them what is that status of my case and whats going on? The lady on phone told me to wait 1-2 days .fraud team will call me.. but today is Friday and after that saturday and Sunday. So i think they will call me next week now. But please try to help me as i dont want any issues and am quite nervous. Thanks for your help
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 40
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@Harman_js Let's take a look at your account. I'll send you a PM. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 40
Highlighted

Hi, i have the same issue right now. Did fido resolve your problem? And how? This **bleep**ing sucks
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 40
Highlighted

Hey @Paulbedonia

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your account. I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 40
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same issue. Someone upgraded the phone on my account to the new iPhone and changed the plan. They did all of this through FIDO CHAT. How is that even possible. Fido has the most ridiculous security and customer service.

When I called in and reported this to the Fido representative, he said he'd open a fraud case.
I was very uncomfortable and asked to speak to a supervisor. He was extremely rude to me and tried to get me to not speak to the supervisor until he now put me on hold. I have been on hold for the last 30 minutes.

I am going to file a case with the CCTS and I encourage everyone to do the same.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 40
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Phavalan!

I'm really sorry for the experience you had, I totally understand how stressful being a victime of fraud can be. 

I'd like to follow up with the situation with you! I'll send you a PM right away. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 40
Highlighted

Hi, 

I am currently experiencing this same issue. I have been promised back a call from fraud department but it has been a week already and I have not heard from them. What was the outcome of your case?

I am very frustrated at this point and would like to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 40
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dijo_65,

I responded to your other thread, but I thought I would also post it here as well for the benefit of any others with similar troubles:

Sorry to hear that there was fraudulent access to your account. Have you taken the appropriate measures? At the very least you should change your passwords and cancel your credit card...

If you haven't already done so, you might consider informing the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. You should also consider the advice here. It may seem like a hassle, but any preventative measures taken now are definitely better than trying to sort out stolen identities after the fact.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 40
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue

Someone bought an Iphone 7 from my account, changed everything, adress, email, plan, home and bussines phone numbers; so far, i have an outstanding bill of 1000 dollars

Fraud departement opened a file last thursday but with all the holidays I have no idea how long it's gonna take for them to contact me and even better to solve the case

Did your cases solved well? were you having any problems by getting your account and infos back?

Any advice, any info will ease my mind and give my night sleep back

thank you for any kind of piece of information you can give me

TKHS

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 40
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @sorida!

Due to the holidays, this should be treated latest by Tuesday.

That said, I completely understand how this can be stressful; if you'd like me to check your account with you, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

Cheers! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 40