Forwarding my Phone to a US number.

SOLVED
VergaraFamily
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, a quick question for you.  I am visiting my son in the US.  I want to still be in contact with friends and family.  If I call forward my cell phone which is based in montreal, to a phone that is based in the US, is there any charges applied (ie. long distance charges)?

Accepted Solution

Re: Forwarding my Phone to a US number.

Solved by I'm Experienced Level 2

If your plan (or Value Pack) does not already include Call Forwarding, there will be a $0.20/minute charge that applies. Most Value Packs includes 2,500 minutes of call forwarding or you can add this option on its own for $3.

Then, if you forward to a US number, you will be charged US long-distance (again, unless your current plan includes US calling at no additional charge).

As a side note, it is important that you enable Call Forward **BEFORE** your cross the US border, otherwise the calls will be charged as "roaming". Make sure you turn it on before leaving the Fido network.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
TheOrangeGuy
I'm Experienced Level 2

If your plan (or Value Pack) does not already include Call Forwarding, there will be a $0.20/minute charge that applies. Most Value Packs includes 2,500 minutes of call forwarding or you can add this option on its own for $3.

Then, if you forward to a US number, you will be charged US long-distance (again, unless your current plan includes US calling at no additional charge).

As a side note, it is important that you enable Call Forward **BEFORE** your cross the US border, otherwise the calls will be charged as "roaming". Make sure you turn it on before leaving the Fido network.