Fidos loosing a long time customer

SOLVED
pinkie
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Called retentions today, seems they wont match a Qubec company's promotion thats offered in Ottawa.  Will call back in a couple days incase things change as I am a loyal customer but obviously want the best or at least same price as thier compatitors.  And I dont even care about the fact the other company's voicemail is tons larger.  I just want the 6 gigs, unlimited calling canada, the roam like home option ect.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fidos loosing a long time customer

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Pinkie,

Fido generally does not price match plans, period. However, there have been occasions where they have offered special promotional plans in response to promotional plans offered by other providers.

In this case, I'm doubtful they would price match a plan from a different Province. Especially since mobile services in Québec are quite a bit cheaper than in Ontario. Even Fido's 6Gb offering in Québec is better than the other provider's promotion (assuming BYOP). You might consider trying to get Fido's Québec's plan offerings. I understand previously you had to have a Québec address, however, I believe now it's only a Québec phone number that's required (see here).

I understand it means having to change your phone number, but I'm not sure of the porting rules. You might have to change your number anyways with the other provider because they operate in Québec.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Pinkie,

Fido generally does not price match plans, period. However, there have been occasions where they have offered special promotional plans in response to promotional plans offered by other providers.

In this case, I'm doubtful they would price match a plan from a different Province. Especially since mobile services in Québec are quite a bit cheaper than in Ontario. Even Fido's 6Gb offering in Québec is better than the other provider's promotion (assuming BYOP). You might consider trying to get Fido's Québec's plan offerings. I understand previously you had to have a Québec address, however, I believe now it's only a Québec phone number that's required (see here).

I understand it means having to change your phone number, but I'm not sure of the porting rules. You might have to change your number anyways with the other provider because they operate in Québec.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoClaudia

Hey @pinkie,

We really wouldn't want to see you go!

I assure you that we want nothing more than to help, however, we can only offer you the plans that are available to a specific region.

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can take a closer look at your account and the available options.

If you have any other account related questions in the future, you can also contact us here.

Talk to you soon Smiley