FidoDollars for September phones

SOLVED
jordanjordan
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, I've been accumulating Fido dollars for 4 years, and have $174 right now. I was waiting for the next iPhone in September this year to use them, and there are no other rewards that interest me. Can I defer my Fido Dollars for this purchase? I don't care if I never get new FidoDollars after July 2016.. I just want to use my existings ones a couple months afterwards. Is this a reasonable request?

Apparently we got a notification on our bill on Jan. 4th about FidoDollars being phased out in July? I don't normally read the details in my bill - I just look at the balance. This isn't enough notice either, when customers don't buy new phones every year...

If new customers were able to sign up until April 6th 2016 and use their FidoDollars until 2018, why are loyal/existing customers being forced to use them by July 2016?

Accepted Solution

Re: FidoDollars for September phones

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2

The end date does not depend on new vs old customer: it all depends on your contract situation as of April 6:

- If you were on a contract (2-year) that accumulated FidoDollars, you have until 2018.

- If not, you have until July this year.

"New" customers are most likely on a Pulse plan that does not accumulate FidoDollars anyway.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

The end date does not depend on new vs old customer: it all depends on your contract situation as of April 6:

- If you were on a contract (2-year) that accumulated FidoDollars, you have until 2018.

- If not, you have until July this year.

"New" customers are most likely on a Pulse plan that does not accumulate FidoDollars anyway.

jordanjordan
I'm a Participant Level 2

So, just to recap:

Fido is perfectly comfortable giving loyal customers a 6 month deadline for FidoDollar which are typically saved up and used less than once a year?

Hey @jordanjordan

The conditions differ depending on your plan/contract. I get that it's an inconvenience for you but we're letting go of the FidoDOLLARS™ program to leave room for exciting new perks!