FidoDollars end

I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

FidoDollars end

So I see on my invoice this morning that the entire FidoDollar program is cancelled. I'm not surprised; it was obvious that it would come to this the day the new Pulse plans came out. Confirmed when the prepaid plans got axed.

(The bit about "diminishing participation in the FidoDollar program" and "interest in services like Spotify and Daily Vice" is a bit insulting, though. It's not like we have much of a choice in the matter. I changed plan because my old plan was more expensive for way less minutes/data. I still haven't registered for Spotify nor Daily Vice on either of my lines, and I don't plan to. And really, that's just PR for "we had decided to cancel the program on this date from the get-go, but we're going to make you think we didn't".)

That said, I'm a bit frustrated to have only until early July to use those FidoDollars... I planned on getting a USA roaming pack in August...

Sad

Is it possible to purchase the roaming packs now (that is, before July 6) and activate them later?

Accepted Solution

Re: FidoDollars end

Hey @zyx 

Don't be sad! You still have plenty of time to use the FidoDOLLARS Smiley

If you take a look over here you'll see that every customer with or taking an agreement before April 6th of this year will keep on earning FidoDOLLARS until the end of their term as well Smiley

On the other hand, it is possible to purshase a travel pack and activate it at a later date though.

I hope it helps Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 32
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey @zyx 

Don't be sad! You still have plenty of time to use the FidoDOLLARS Smiley

If you take a look over here you'll see that every customer with or taking an agreement before April 6th of this year will keep on earning FidoDOLLARS until the end of their term as well Smiley

On the other hand, it is possible to purshase a travel pack and activate it at a later date though.

I hope it helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 32
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

All my lines are BOYD, so no agreements left!

But "purchase now, use later" is exactly what I'll use them for!

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 32
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Glad I could help Very Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 32
I'm a Contributor Level 1 nwolk
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Really disappointed to read that the FidoDollars program is ending.  I have benefitted greatly from this program having redeemed points over the years for handsets. I will do so yet again by 2018 but still upset that the program is ending.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 32
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

The FidoDollars was the thing that made Fido better than Koodo. Now they're equals (again: Spotify and Daily Vice are of no value to me - I don't use them). I think Koodo actually has an edge now, being that once your phone is paid off, your monthly bill goes down, whereas with Fido you keep paying extra for the phone that's already paid off.

Not that it matters in my case, as I'm on a BYOD plan. But if I was a potential customer, that might weight in the balance.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 32
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

I agree with you @zyx the Fido Dollars was what made me stay with Fido for 12 years and just like you I have no need for Spotify or Daily Vice. I might switch to Virgin Mobile because I like the perks you get as a customer number one being the BOGO free movie pass promos that they have you can get one every two weeks thats a $23 savings.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 32
Fido Employee AdamBeast
Fido Employee

Please keep in mind that If you have changed your plan ( "BYOD" or not ) on or after April-07 2015, the accumulation of FidoDollars had then stopped already. 

This also applies to any new customer who activated on or after April-07 2015.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 32
I'm a Participant Level 2 Ncolish
I'm a Participant Level 2

My sentiments also.  Fido is dropping the program because it wants to. I'm not asking for Spotify and I'm sure lots of others aren't.

But the question of setting a later date for Travel Packs is my concern. I will be in the USA in August, but need to spend my Fido Dollars by July. You reply that it's possible.  But I don't see anywhere how that is done.  Please explain - is it simply a choice made on the online application?

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 32
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @Ncolish!

That's actually done on our side, we can add your travel pack today to be activated on August (the date you want). 

That will remove the FidoDOLLARS from your account now, and activate your travel pack when you're leaving. That requires you to have the date when you're leaving since you won't be able to modify it after July 6th.

Let me know if you need any help!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 32

Wow! Quick response!

Do I do this online or by phoning in and talking tro someone?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 32
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

That's how we do!

I can send you a PM if you need to take care of that with me!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 32

Hmm.  My first question generated an email telling me there was a reply. My second message didn't.  So I waited for days wondering why there was no reply. Today I logged in to find this cryptic resaponse.  If you PM me, where do I look for it and how do I know it's happened?

This may surprise you, but not every Fido user is 30+ and born with a cellphone in their hand.  I'm in my 60's and a simple question like "do I do it online or by phone?" used to generate an old fashioned answer with real information, not a further invitation down the electronic rabbit hole.

So, yes. PM me. Email me. Phone me. Anything! Just answer the question, please.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 32
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Ncolish!

I think you didn't get a notification since you weren't ''@'' mentioned in the reply; that's our bad.

To check your private messages, you simply need to click on your avater, which you should see at the top-right of the page. You'll then need to click on the little enveloppe to view your messages. I've included screencaps as a visual.

I'll send you a PM soon! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 32
I'm a Contributor Level 1 gsmama
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have been a loyal customer for over 12 years and FidoDollars was main reason. I also brought 5 family members to Fido. I'm very unhappy with this program ending as I have no need for Spotify. It woul have been nice if Fido had opened up all purchases - particularly phone case - to FidoDollars for the last few days. As it is, I will lose $79 FidoDollars as I have no need of a new phone, tablet, travel pack what I need is a phone case for the new phone I got from Fido!!  Very upset about this and my family and I are now shopping around for another provider as after all these years I've had it with Fido. Call me outta here as soon as I find the right plan for all 6 of us.  Really disappointed Fido.

*Edited title

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 32