cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FidoDollars end

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

So I see on my invoice this morning that the entire FidoDollar program is cancelled. I'm not surprised; it was obvious that it would come to this the day the new Pulse plans came out. Confirmed when the prepaid plans got axed.

(The bit about "diminishing participation in the FidoDollar program" and "interest in services like Spotify and Daily Vice" is a bit insulting, though. It's not like we have much of a choice in the matter. I changed plan because my old plan was more expensive for way less minutes/data. I still haven't registered for Spotify nor Daily Vice on either of my lines, and I don't plan to. And really, that's just PR for "we had decided to cancel the program on this date from the get-go, but we're going to make you think we didn't".)

That said, I'm a bit frustrated to have only until early July to use those FidoDollars... I planned on getting a USA roaming pack in August...

Sad

Is it possible to purchase the roaming packs now (that is, before July 6) and activate them later?

31 REPLIES 31

AdamBeast
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Please keep in mind that If you have changed your plan ( "BYOD" or not ) on or after April-07 2015, the accumulation of FidoDollars had then stopped already. 

This also applies to any new customer who activated on or after April-07 2015.  

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @zyx 

Don't be sad! You still have plenty of time to use the FidoDOLLARS Smiley

If you take a look over here you'll see that every customer with or taking an agreement before April 6th of this year will keep on earning FidoDOLLARS until the end of their term as well Smiley

On the other hand, it is possible to purshase a travel pack and activate it at a later date though.

I hope it helps Smiley

Ncolish
I'm a Participant Level 2

My sentiments also.  Fido is dropping the program because it wants to. I'm not asking for Spotify and I'm sure lots of others aren't.

But the question of setting a later date for Travel Packs is my concern. I will be in the USA in August, but need to spend my Fido Dollars by July. You reply that it's possible.  But I don't see anywhere how that is done.  Please explain - is it simply a choice made on the online application?

Thanks

Hey @Ncolish!

That's actually done on our side, we can add your travel pack today to be activated on August (the date you want). 

That will remove the FidoDOLLARS from your account now, and activate your travel pack when you're leaving. That requires you to have the date when you're leaving since you won't be able to modify it after July 6th.

Let me know if you need any help!

Ncolish

Wow! Quick response!

Do I do this online or by phoning in and talking tro someone?

That's how we do!

I can send you a PM if you need to take care of that with me!

Ncolish

Hmm.  My first question generated an email telling me there was a reply. My second message didn't.  So I waited for days wondering why there was no reply. Today I logged in to find this cryptic resaponse.  If you PM me, where do I look for it and how do I know it's happened?

This may surprise you, but not every Fido user is 30+ and born with a cellphone in their hand.  I'm in my 60's and a simple question like "do I do it online or by phone?" used to generate an old fashioned answer with real information, not a further invitation down the electronic rabbit hole.

So, yes. PM me. Email me. Phone me. Anything! Just answer the question, please.

Hi @Ncolish!

I think you didn't get a notification since you weren't ''@'' mentioned in the reply; that's our bad.

To check your private messages, you simply need to click on your avater, which you should see at the top-right of the page. You'll then need to click on the little enveloppe to view your messages. I've included screencaps as a visual.

I'll send you a PM soon! Smiley

gsmama
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have been a loyal customer for over 12 years and FidoDollars was main reason. I also brought 5 family members to Fido. I'm very unhappy with this program ending as I have no need for Spotify. It woul have been nice if Fido had opened up all purchases - particularly phone case - to FidoDollars for the last few days. As it is, I will lose $79 FidoDollars as I have no need of a new phone, tablet, travel pack what I need is a phone case for the new phone I got from Fido!!  Very upset about this and my family and I are now shopping around for another provider as after all these years I've had it with Fido. Call me outta here as soon as I find the right plan for all 6 of us.  Really disappointed Fido.

*Edited title

Hey @gsmama!

Thanks for your feedback. We certainly wouldn't want to see you go Sad I'll send you a PM shortly so we can review your options for using the FidoDOLLARS™ Smiley

gill4455

Just spent an hour and half on the phone with FIDO with no conclusion. I have been with FIDO for more than 2 years and have 2 lines with them and used to have three lines a couple of months back. I have some FIDO dollars and wanted to use them before leaving FIDO. I thought I could use them for accessories but they have to be spent on new phone or any extra Add on. Sales rep offered me a deal to keep with FIDO which was not as good as I am getting with Rodgers and then she transfer my call to customer service rep and got worst offer than sales rep (it made me laugh so loud). They want me to pay $223 including FIDO dollars for the phone which I am getting free from Rodgers. Keep up the good work FIDO and thanks for wasting my an hour and half.   

**Edited title

Hey @gill4455 Smiley

We definitely don't want to lose you Sad We have lots of phones to choose from! How about choosing a different model to use your FidoDOLLARS™ with?

wickie
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Fido Dollars/Rewards - Should be used to pay bills

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @wickie.

I moved your post since we had a similar one. It wont be possible to use your Fidodollars towards your invoice but you can use it on travel packs, phone order or add-ons. Smiley

uss
I'm a Participant Level 1

Its been a hour that im waiting for the line to get some information about how i can use my fido dollars. I was always with fido since i start having a cell phone and its seem thats customer service isn't the main interest from fido. I have been in fido store to see if i can use my fido dollars and the answer is always the same: «you can use to upgrade for a new phone». Why spend more money to use these fido dollars? If i get a new phone thats is 300-400$, i have to pay the balance after my fido dollars and the fees to getting a new phone before my contrat ends. I think fido is going to lose another customer and im very disappointed by fido customer service.

**Edited title

@uss If you are in a contract before April 6 2016 then your Fido dollars are safe until July 2018.

**Edited title

Welcome to the community @uss!

I moved your post since we already had a similar post. You can use your Fidodollars towards the cost of a new phone, travel pack or add ons. As Kapable-K mentioned, if you didn't change to another plan before April 6th 2016 and was still on agreement. You will earn Fidodollars until the end of the agreement and you have until July 2018 to redeem them. We really don't want to see you go so let us know if you need help and we will send you a PM. Smiley

samin12

I would like to redeem my fido dollars I know they expired in April, but i havent had a chance to redeem them

Welcome to the community @samin12!

I moved your message since we already had a similar thread about it. Once the Fidodollars are expired, it won't be possible to use them unfortunately.

aqua3399

Hi i was wondering why my fido dollars aren't displayed on my monthy bill anymore.  I have been a loyal customer for many years with a large remaining fido dollar account. If what I just read in the forum is true about them expiring I would be really disappointed in fido. Please honour credits already earned.