FidoDollars are useless.

I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

FidoDollars are useless.

The only things you can buy with FidoDollars are old ugly phones and options like call forwarding and evening start at 5.. I have an unlimited plan and a iPhone 4.. what can I do with those FidoDollars?

The only thing I would want to buy is a iPHONE CHARGER FOR CAR and there is no way to buy accessory like we use to be able to. This is complete . FIDO DOLLARS ARE USELESS

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: FidoDollars are useless.

Hi AceFace,

You can view on this page : http://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=GCT_WhyFido&template=whyfido&pageLabel=WhyFido&sub_template=fidodollars_monthly&lang=en from travel packs, add-ons and towards a new phone)

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 2 Rdubs723
I'm a Participant Level 2

So lame
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 chiptuned
I'm a Participant Level 1

Even when you use your FidoDollars to get an addon or a travel pack, you don't get it for free, you have to pay tax on it. When you use your FidoDollars for an addon, they add it to your bill in regular dollars, then calculate tax on it, then subtract a credit of the original amount in FidoDollars. I called in and they wouldn't even let me use more FidoDollars to pay the tax. What a joke and another example of Rogers Corp. sleazy billing tricks. No other organization charges me tax on something I get for free with reward points. Don't count on FidoDollars for anything.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 Robola

I was told that you can purchase a new phone even an upgrade with FidoDollars but today when I was speaking to a supervisor, I was told I can't get a new phone without paying an enormous early termination fee even though I am not breaking the contract and I have been a customer for 6 years+ and am in my 3rd contract.

I have browsed the forums but don't have a clear answer to this.  I feel I was treated poorly by customer service and by the supervisor but that is another matter altogether.

If I have enough money to purchase a phone with FidoDollars, shouldn't I be able to purchase it?  Especially, if I am using to replace the old phone and use the service thus fulfilling my part of the contract.

If I am not able to.  Is there any reason why I should remain a Fido customer once my contract expires and feel that I would be treated and get better deals at the competition?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 AceFace

FIDO WEBSITE does not specify how Fido Dollars can be used, so I find this believable. All Canadian cell companies are bogus.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 53
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

yes u can use fido dollars for purchasing a handset, it will count toward the "full price" so not the contract or tab price.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 53
Former Moderator FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi AceFace,

You can view on this page : http://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=GCT_WhyFido&template=whyfido&pageLabel=WhyF... from travel packs, add-ons and towards a new phone)

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 ASANGA

Everything is based on supply and demand. Why did fido introduce FD in the 1st place? answer = to attract more customers.Once introduced they should not restrict on how the customer should use the FD from time to time. People get angry and frustrated.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 53
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 PoPNFresh
I'm a Participant Level 3

ive been with fido for around 10 years and i remember when fido dollars could be used to purchase accessorys like phone charges and cases....  those were the days!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 53