FidoDollars are useless.

Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

FidoDollars are useless.

The only things you can buy with FidoDollars are old ugly phones and options like call forwarding and evening start at 5.. I have an unlimited plan and a iPhone 4.. what can I do with those FidoDollars?

The only thing I would want to buy is a iPHONE CHARGER FOR CAR and there is no way to buy accessory like we use to be able to. This is complete . FIDO DOLLARS ARE USELESS

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: FidoDollars are useless.

Hi AceFace,

You can view on this page : http://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=GCT_WhyFido&template=whyfido&pageLabel=WhyFido&sub_template=fidodollars_monthly&lang=en from travel packs, add-ons and towards a new phone)

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 53
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Actually, re-reading FidoJuhdy's post, it is clear you need both the $25 voice plan and the contract data. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 53
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

By the way, Wicky, I am not trying to pick an argument with you here. I know you always try to help. I am just trying to make sure the most accurate information is being provided, even if it conflicts with common practices at store level.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 53
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

can you use fido dollars to pay your bill? or can you only use them to buy a new phone?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 53
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

@Going_Under: Just for the phone and for add-ons for a period of 1-2 months.

@10yearfido: No, and I don't disagree with what you're saying. It just remains a case by case situation.

I have to say that I find the whole "FidoDollars are useless" debate quite exhausting and would sometimes wish Fido just get rid of them. People are so spoiled that they can't appreciate what they have. Yes there are conditions to use the FidoDollars, but at least you have them. Fido could just as easily take them away and leave their clients with nothing just like the other providers. You'll be subject to the same conditions and fees as you are now, except you won't have FidoDollars to help with any part of it.

It's just frustrating. Kind of like making supper for someone just to have them complain that it's not exactly what they wanted after telling you that they agreed to what you were making.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 53
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I bought an iPhone 4 with my fidodollars Smiley
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 53
Highlighted

this would be very useful
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 53
Highlighted

I have to agree, they're pretty useless. What happens at the end of my contract? I get stuck with a bunch of FIDO dollars that I cannot use for accesories such as a bluetooth set. Its a way to make sure that people that are too greedy will stay with FIDO in order not to lose their precious dollars. After 2 and a haft year with a data plan, I have 60 dollars. I am not staying with FIDO because they have no phones, or almost none to offer and also their plans are terrible. I will pay 35$ with Videotron, that is 30 dollars cheaper per mount! Oh... There goes my videotron dollars, some I can put in my pocket.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 53
Highlighted

Must have been with a contract. Any companies will give you a free phone if you talk to a rep sales and tell them you're loyal and If you dont get one free you'll leave. If you can't you either don't know how to convince someone or fell on a salesrep that doesnt care.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 53
Highlighted

So much conflict of interest in this thread.

Pointless to argue.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 53

they are not free omg!
The problem is the way represent it. They make it sound like they are giving you something sooooo cool but in reality it is very useless. And if something is worth complaining sorry but people will complain.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 53