Fido won't match deal

Fido won't match deal

Fido won't match deal

7yearsloyal
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido won't match deal

I am incredibly disappointed in Fido.

I have been a customer for almost 7 years, and the best offer they could give me for being loyal couldn't even match the regular customer deal offered by Koodo. I basically wasted 4 hours of my day asking fido to simply match a regular deal offered by a competitor for new customers but was met with some pretty apathetic attitudes and non apologetic service.

Thanks for showing your "appreciation" for me being your customer for almost 7 years, which apparently is literally worth nothing. 

12 REPLIES 12
7yearsloyal

Just to let anyone know, getting them to PM you doesn't seem to accomplish anything. I think they do it so that it appears like they will do something. 

If this changes I will update my post but for now do not waste your time doing this.

Alex_DC
I'm Helpful Level 1

@7yearsloyal wrote:

Just to let anyone know, getting them to PM you doesn't seem to accomplish anything. I think they do it so that it appears like they will do something. 

If this changes I will update my post but for now do not waste your time doing this.

From my understanding, the CSR can only offer to you what you're account is eligible for. There's a limited amount of offerings to anyone/everyone, but I believe it comes down to "what your account is eligible for". If you've been late on bill payments or have received other loyalty discounts/offers within the last little while, those could be reasons that you're currently ineligible.

I'm not a big complainer, am very pleasant when I call Customer Service, keep my expectations low and always seem to be well taken care of. I couldn't tell you the reason(s), maybe it's because I've had at least 2 lines for several years (currently have 3 again) or I've never been late on my bill payments (pre-authorised payments FTW!), but I've always had better deals than any of my friends (on Fido, or any other provider for that matter). In fact, my current third line was ported over from Koodo, and I'm now paying about $4 less per month with Fido for a similar plan (there's more pros than cons with the Fido plan over the Koodo plan, and the monthly savings is the biggest plus).

That said, I've had friends (and even one of my customers) have me speak to Customer Service on their behalf and helped optimise their accounts/plans. Who knows, maybe I have "The Golden Voice" and Fido CSRs can't resist my charms. LOLOL!

Hey @7yearsloyal ,

Sincerely sorry if you felt as though we aren't being helpful Sad

We do what we can to help out! If what you are requesting is not possible, then we will not be able to offer it to you. 

7yearsloyal

Ok, so I am leaving this comment so that no one wastes their time with this again. Fido did not offer me anything close to what competitors offered. They kept dragging this out for days. If you read this do not waste your time trying to negotiate with Fido, they simply do not care about loyalty.

Hello,

What is it about the mobile service industry that leads people to expect that service providers should price match plans? I suppose the simple answer is competition.

Okay, I buy that. However, people do not go to Honda and expect them to price match a Ford (I'm not implying Honda is better than Ford or vice versa, just two different automobile manufacturers). I can hear it now: That's absurd! That comparison doesn't even make sense! Honda and Ford make completely different vehicles!... That would be the point.

In a slightly different vein, companies will only price match items that are exactly the same (same model number, same UPC, etc). Even if the products are identical -- though with different model numbers -- they would technically not be the same item and not be eligible for price matching.

How does this relate to mobile phone plans? On the surface, the plan details might seem the similar -- similar minutes, data, messaging -- but they're not actually comparable. They're cheaper because they offer less services. Firstly, Koodo does not offer a 2G (GSM) network. Furthermore, as far as I can tell, they only offer LTE on band 4 (1700/1900 MHz). On the other hand, Fido offers LTE on three additional bands as well.

Yes, Koodo is a subsidiary of Telus, and Telus does have additional LTE band/frequencies. However, that does not necessarily mean that Koodo also offers services on those additional band/frequencies. The Koodo website is deliberately vague on their network. According to Wikipedia though, they only offer the one band/frequency. There's a reason they can offer cheaper plans than their parent company...

Providing reduced services to lower costs is not uncommon. For example, while Chatr uses the Rogers networks, they do not provide any LTE service.

When considering the better deals, it's important to also compare the included services and not only the cost. Often, you're just not paying for what you're not getting. Perhaps you don't need the additional LTE bands/frequencies, but expecting a company to price match a competitors' offering of lesser service is not very reasonable.

Cheers

Cheers

Alex_DC
I'm Helpful Level 1

@7yearsloyal wrote:

I have been a customer for almost 7 years, and the best offer they could give me for being loyal couldn't even match the regular customer deal offered by Koodo. I basically wasted 4 hours of my day asking fido to simply match a regular deal offered by a competitor for new customers but was met with some pretty apathetic attitudes and non apologetic service.

Thanks for showing your "appreciation" for me being your customer for almost 7 years, which apparently is literally worth nothing. 

Need more info. What are you paying and getting from Fido? What does this offer from Koodo cost and include? I've been with Fido coming up on 14 years and I can guarantee you, nothing on Koodo's market offerings can even come close to what I pay/get from Fido.

*** Edited to remove plan details ***

7yearsloyal

@Alex_DC 

What you have is way more than I am asking for. I am asking for $60 per month and 2gb of data and I am even willing to pay $100 for the phone upfront. 

They are offering me the publicly available deals which do not even come close to comparing with other providers in the same market right now. If I got your deal I would take it today.

@7yearsloyal wrote:

... I am asking for $60 per month and 2gb of data and I am even willing to pay $100 for the phone upfront...

Hello again,

Are you sure what you're asking for is actually what is on offer from Koodo? There is a plan with 2Gb of data for around that amount per month that's available with the $100 upfront. However, that price does NOT include the Tab portion for the phone. You would have to add the subsidy for the phone for the total monthly cost.

There are NO current offerings from Koodo that even come close to what you're asking for. 

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@7yearsloyal wrote:

@7yearsloyal you have to understand Koodo might be offer an attractive offer for new customers but not existing customers because they are trying to attract new business.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @7yearsloyal & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to see that you feel this way. Sad Rest assured that we do value our customers and want to offer them the best deals possible. Keep in mind though; we can only offer what we have available.

If you'd like another set of eyes to go over your options, let me know and I'll send you a PM. Wink

7yearsloyal

Sure if you think it will make a difference
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Actually most subscription based business models are geared towards attracting new customers and not retain old customers. 

Feel free to move to new business if it suits your needs. Make sure you compare everything and all the fine prints before you move.  Sometimes the fine print might be different and you don't want to be disappointed at the end.