Fido withdrawn money through Interac Online, but didn't refill my account - 2

Almf
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My original post was removed because I'm not allowed to include "private" email messages with a Fido rep, pretty funny. The reason why I'm posting here because I really need to get some REAL help to resolve what should be a very straightforward technical problem. The support rep. I've been dealing with was no help at all, and just keep repeating information I already have. The person (I'd better not reveal the gender of the rep. I don't want this post to get deleted again) either didn't care to investigate the problem, or knew an explanation but didn't explain it.

- Apr 24 around noon, I paid $10.00 through Interac, Fido balance after refill should be $12.98.

- Hours later, Fido balance still showed $2.98. Checked bank account, money was withdrawn.

- Later, there were 2 phone activities (cost $0.10 & $2.00).

- Apr 26 evening, balance became $0.88.

- Apr 26 evening later, refilled $10 again (this time worked but took more than 5 minutes), balance became $10.88.

The support rep. claimed that the Apr. 24 payment was received and the balance at that point was $12.98. This is cleary not true, because on my account page it was still showing $2.98. Where and how the person saw that the balance was $12.98??? I'm completely baffled. According to my account page that payment was never credited to my Fido balance.

I thought system errors like this should be easy to resolve, since Fido should have records of all transactions and call history, even more detailed than what's shown on customer's account page (?). I read a post by another victim which mentioned Fido was aware there're issues with Interac.

A few months ago, a similiar issue happened but with Fido Dollars, redeemed money from Fido Dollars but never credited my Fido balance. Tried email support but rep. was absolutely no help, the issue was never resolved. They really don't care. I'm beginning to suspect this is Fido's standard practise to dismiss customer inquiries as quickly as possible, to save resources due to the volume of inquiries. I had to tell the rep. to please (I did say "please") not treat customers like idiots (this must be the kind of "private talk" that Fido doesn't like).

So the problem remains that my $10.00 disappeared somewhere in cyperspace, and I'd very much like to get it back. I went back to read my plan details multiple times (which didn't take long, it's very brief), thinking maybe there're some other charges I'd miss, didn't find anything.

Thanks for any feedback.

1 REPLY 1
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey Almf,

I can assure you that we care and you are important to us. I will be sending you a private message so we can look into it together.

I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of things!