Fido website lying to customers about features

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 3

My brother has a pay as you go plan for 10$ a month, and on their website it clearly states that one of the features is Unlimited OUTGOING texts within Canada. This sounded perfect for what I needed so I canceled my monthly plan (I was paying 45$ a month and I barely used the data and mins). I was going away for a few weeks so I decided to get the prepaid plan when I got back.

Today I went into two different Fido stores and was told I was wrong and that they had no such plan (even when I clearly showed them the website). Then they told me that I should call their customer service (shouldnt it be their job to find out why their own freaking company is giving out false info?). In the end, I wasted an hour on hold only to be told that they have known for a month that their website has been giving out wrong info. Their IT department is "getting to it". They offered me like 2 months free texting which is basically nothing. Since I already canceled my plan, I will not be going back to Fido.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido website lying to customers about features

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello,

Welcome to the community!

There have been some issues relating to incorrect features being listed on some customers' My Account pages. It's unfortunate. However, it appears as though your brother has a grandfathered plan. There isn't a $10 monthly prepaid anymore. You wouldn't have been able to get the same plan for yourself.

Regardless, all of the current in market monthly prepaid plans have unlimited text messaging from Canada. It won't let me link to that page properly so you'll have to check for yourself. Prepaid --> Learn more.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello again,

Alternatively, your brother could have the By-the-Minute plan with the $10/mt Unlimited texting to/from Canada add-on. That would make more sense given the screen capture you provided. I apologise, I assumed the information listed was incorrect. However, if this plan is the one your brother has, then the information listed in your screen capture was indeed correct. The only difference I can note would be a 35¢ per message for sending an International message (non-US) vs the 30¢ per message in the screen capture (see here).

This post may provide some additional information. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

I'm a Participant Level 3

No. It is not the add-on.

I know that because I am the one paying for it. He only has the 10$ that the website offers as one of the 30 day refill options. And I don't understand why it would be "grandfathered" when they are literally selling 10$ refill vouchers in London Drugs.

You guys should have fixed the mistake IMEDIETLY after becoming aware of it, instead of leaving it like that for a month. I made a decision based on information YOUR website gave, and now you are just saying "oops" and saying your company knew it was giving out false information to people. If I hadn't wasted an hour on hold to talk to someone (because no one in your retail stores offered or bothered to call HO and find out why your company was giving out false info) my brother could have blown through all his minutes thinking he had unlimited texting.

I was a customer with you guys since I got my first cell 10 years ago, and I had intended to continue being a customer until this. I wasted so much time yesterday being jerked around by your sales people when it's YOUR company who is in the wrong, and all they offer me is 2 months free texting? Which is useless at this point since I had canceled my plan. Absolutely ridiculous.
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello,

Welcome to the community!

There have been some issues relating to incorrect features being listed on some customers' My Account pages. It's unfortunate. However, it appears as though your brother has a grandfathered plan. There isn't a $10 monthly prepaid anymore. You wouldn't have been able to get the same plan for yourself.

Regardless, all of the current in market monthly prepaid plans have unlimited text messaging from Canada. It won't let me link to that page properly so you'll have to check for yourself. Prepaid --> Learn more.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Sorry you feel this way @09876567890.

As @Cawtau mentioned we are working on the site to make the sure proper information shows up. If you need help choosing a new prepaid plan, let us know and we will send us a PM. Smiley