Fido tricked me to sign up with them

zemonti
I'm a Contributor Level 1

By text from Chatr I was promised $5 off the first 6 months to move the sister company Fido which was confirmed by the Fido representative in Walmart that made me the new contract.

Instead of that i have the full price, the extremely **bleep** free voicemail, the same poor reception as Chatr and I lost $20 because of the switch before the anniversery. A Fido representetive told me that I have to drive again to Walmart and try to locate the girl that made the contract?!?

In addition I have soliciting calls. I even seams to accidentaly aproaved some hollyday offer, that I misunderstood for curtosy from Fido (i said "OK, thanks" to move on) and lost another hour to cancel it. I never had soliciting calls from Chatr so I wasn't expecting that he will charge me for that. I adition he told me few times that the conversation is not clear.

I'm just waiting next Koodoo offer and throwing away the Fido SIM card as my wife already did. I dont have range in my Work and in many other buildings. Can't go possibly worse.

11 REPLIES 11
zemonti

Thank you for educate me, but the last years we found too many coincidences of batter Bell reception.

My "expectations of what cellular service is capable" are originating from Europe 20 years ago, wherever almost everything is concrete. You have a lot to catch up before start giving me pieces of mind about digital mobility.
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@zemonti wrote:

...the same poor reception as Chatr ...I dont have range in my Work and in many other buildings....

Hello Zemonti,

Sorry to hear about this experience, but welcome to the forums!

Can I ask what phone you are using and where are you situated? It may help figure out why you're not getting very good reception.

Cheers

zemonti

The surprises are keep falling.

Fido just generated my first bill and there I see smuggled innocent extra $6 for "added Fido Pulse BYOP plan". So much for the promised "free SIM card".

I can only imagine what is going to come in the future and how they are going to calculate my data.

The good part is there is no contract and I can always jump to more-honest provider.

@zemonti wrote:

extra $6 for "added Fido Pulse BYOP plan". So much for the promised "free SIM card".

Hello again,

SIM cards are $10. If you were charged $6, that was not for a SIM card. I trust @FidoAlyson will be able to explain proration to you.

Has your reception improved? If not, could you let us know what phone you have and where you are situated? It may help figure out why you're not getting very good reception.

Cheers

zemonti

The extra $6 for "added Fido Pulse BYOP plan" wasn't mentioned neither in the SMS-offer, neither in the store, neither in Fido website plan-details. Maybe it's hidden somewjere in the fine print. Tipycal corporait "hidden fee" fraud.

Concerning the reception - i replaced 3 phones (Note2, Note3, Nexus6) and 2 sim-cards (Chatr and Fido). I'barely have reception in the internal part of any concrete building, even on the upper floors. In the garages - zero. For one week in the McGill hospital of Montreal me, my father and mother (all with Chatr) had to find window every time for call or messaging. The entire huge ER floor was out of range. My wife (Bell) and other users were talking in the coridors without problems.

Please, note that I'm not asking questions. Just expressing concerne and disappointment. 

@zemonti wrote:

...I'barely have reception in the internal part of any concrete building, even on the upper floors. In the garages - zero. For one week in the McGill hospital of Montreal me, my father and mother (all with Chatr) had to find window every time for call or messaging. The entire huge ER floor was out of range. My wife (Bell) and other users were talking in the coridors without problems.

Please, note that I'm not asking questions. Just expressing concerne and disappointment. 

Hello again,

I understand you're not looking for help so I'll just leave you with this thought.

I think your expectations of what cellular service is capable of might be a little too high. While many factors can affect cell signal, being in the middle of a concrete building -- no matter what floor -- would be the last place anyone should expect signal. I understand some Bell users were able to use their phones without problems, but that's only because there's a Bell tower closer to the hospital. There will be areas where Chatr/Fido/Rogers users have signal while Bell, Telus, etc customers do not. That is the nature of cellular service. The cellular companies have their own strategic plans for their tower placement. As with anything, there are pros and cons for each strategy. Which is better is all relative and really depends on where you intend on using your phone the most.

If you do not understand the limitations of cellular service, then I think you're just going to be disappointed with any provider you choose to continue with.

All the best.

Cheers

Hey zemonti,

Are you talking about prorata? I'll go ahead and send you a PM to check out your billing details and sort things out! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Sorry to hear about your experience.

From what I know the walmart sales representative is a third party company and not a direct Fido representative. They won't be able to active the offer you got from Chatr you were suppose to call Fido directly or visit an actual Fido Kios and it would have been done correct.

In this case I don't agreed that Fido tricked you, but i'm sure a mod here would be glad to help you out.

zemonti

The offer came from Chatr by SMS (not Walmart) and this is problem between the 2 sisters companies ant their rep.

zemonti

A Fido rep just credited me $20, hwich is about the half of the promissed deal, not to mention the anger and the disappointment.

Hey @zemonti, what's wrong with the reception? 

Let me check out your account, I'd be happy to help! Sending you a PM right away.