Fido travel plans suck

Fido travel plans suck

Fido travel plans suck

SOLVED
Ferrydriver
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido travel plans suck

Fido's USA travel plans are a rip off. I have a 2 gig plan, but it's not eligible for the $5/ day roaming package. Why not?

To get the $5/day package, I have to increase my plan from $55 to $75/mo plus pay the $5/day. Or pay $40 for a month with a lousy total of 200MB of data. Whoever devised this lame package at Fido obviuosly doesn't travel.

After some research, I found it was cheaper to get a travel pack from Freedom Mobile or to put in an ATT&T chip in the US and sign up for 1 month. Luckily I have a 2 chip slot phone, so I can choose either option.

*** Edited to add tags and labels *** 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido travel plans suck

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Ferrydriver, welcome to our Community Smiley    

Really sad to know you feel that way!  

I'll be happy to clarify how FidoRoam works. The feature was implemented in our newer Pulse plans. Since it's part of the plan itself and can't be added as an extra option to any plan, the only way to benefit from it would be to go with a plan that includes the option.

Also, keep in mind that even though there's a $5 or $10 daily fee depending on your destination, you would only be charged for 10 days in the same cycle and the rest of the fees are on us! On top, you'd be able to use all the features included in your Canadian plan abroad.  

I understand if you're not looking to modify your existing plan though and in that case, you have the option to choose one of our existing Travel Packs.  We do our best to have as many options available that can accommodate our customers, all while being competitive with what's available out there.

Certainly, everyone's needs are different and you're definitely allowed to choose whichever option works best for you Smiley

Let us know if you have any questions. 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoClaudia

Hey @Ferrydriver, welcome to our Community Smiley    

Really sad to know you feel that way!  

I'll be happy to clarify how FidoRoam works. The feature was implemented in our newer Pulse plans. Since it's part of the plan itself and can't be added as an extra option to any plan, the only way to benefit from it would be to go with a plan that includes the option.

Also, keep in mind that even though there's a $5 or $10 daily fee depending on your destination, you would only be charged for 10 days in the same cycle and the rest of the fees are on us! On top, you'd be able to use all the features included in your Canadian plan abroad.  

I understand if you're not looking to modify your existing plan though and in that case, you have the option to choose one of our existing Travel Packs.  We do our best to have as many options available that can accommodate our customers, all while being competitive with what's available out there.

Certainly, everyone's needs are different and you're definitely allowed to choose whichever option works best for you Smiley

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Ferrydriver
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for the standard PR reply. No need to "clarify" the travel plan options. I fully understand how Fido charges for them.

I rest my case. The travel charges are 1) Stupidly limited 2) Too inflexible to apply to my current plan 3) Poor deal for the charges incurred. 

The last line is gracious. "You are definitely allowed to choose whichever option works best for you" Gee thanks. I have already arranged a travel plan with another carrier that saves me money and gives me great data/ voice/ text coverage between US and Canada.

Of course it is not the poor cubicle agent I am miffed with, but the Fido honchos that produce the most expensive cell plans in the western world.