Fido to Rogers

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido to Rogers

Hello,

I've been a Fido subscriber for the last six years. Love the service but recently been offered a Rogers business plan through work that I'd like to take advantage of. Can I switch from Fido to Rogers without without having to pay a cancellation fee/phone unlock fee? I still have a year and four months left on my current Fido plan. Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido to Rogers

Hey ccclark! Welcome to our community! How are you today?

I'm glad to hear you love the service, but I'm kind of sad to see that you're thinking of leaving. 

If you switch from Fido to Rogers, or vice versa, you remain responsible for the balance owed on your contract. Your will need to be unlocked as well, there's a $50 fee for that Smiley

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey ccclark! Welcome to our community! How are you today?

I'm glad to hear you love the service, but I'm kind of sad to see that you're thinking of leaving. 

If you switch from Fido to Rogers, or vice versa, you remain responsible for the balance owed on your contract. Your will need to be unlocked as well, there's a $50 fee for that Smiley

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Total bummer, but thanks for being upfront Kevin. I went out and bought a Rogers SIM after a corporate rep told me and other coworkers it wouldn't be a problem. Pretty dissapointing that Rogers corproate reps would lie.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Oh, it's too bad that they would've made a mistake. I'm confident they didn't lie intentionally, though. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4