Fido to Chatr

Fido to Chatr

Fido to Chatr

SOLVED
meeceevee
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido to Chatr

Yes I'm aware they're both owned by Rogers. However, Chatr has the better plan for me and I'm going to switch. What is the process? Is there anything I should be aware of?  I'm also looking to have my phone number transferred over to Chatr. Do I initiate this with Chatr? Can I be sure when I leave Fido they won't give my current number to someone else?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido to Chatr

Solved by MVP MVP

@meeceevee wrote:

Yes I'm aware they're both owned by Rogers. However, Chatr has the better plan for me and I'm going to switch. What is the process? Is there anything I should be aware of?  I'm also looking to have my phone number transferred over to Chatr. Do I initiate this with Chatr? Can I be sure when I leave Fido they won't give my current number to someone else?

@meeceevee  When you get your plan with Chatr just tell them you want to port your number over from Fido they will port over your number and it will automatically cancle your Fido account. Make sure you do not cancle your Fido account before.

You will receive your final bill for the days you used Fido services and if you are in a contract you will be charged the remeinder of your tab.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@meeceevee wrote:

@meeceevee  When you get your plan with Chatr just tell them you want to port your number over from Fido they will port over your number and it will automatically cancle your Fido account. Make sure you do not cancle your Fido account before.

You will receive your final bill for the days you used Fido services and if you are in a contract you will be charged the remeinder of your tab.

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@meeceevee wrote:

Hello Meeceevee,

Welcome to the community!

As with some of their competitors, their plans can seem appealing but Chatr's service may not suit everyone. Something to consider is that Chatr does not provide LTE. I understand Chatr uses Rogers' networks. However, it only provides services on 2G and '3G' (see here and here). If access to the LTE network is not important to you then Chatr can be a great alternative for your situation. Only you can decide whether their services suit your needs.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers