Fido svc msg wrong about my data

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido svc msg wrong about my data

So I got a new plan and a phone this Saturday, used only 38mb of data(according to my phone, Galaxy S4) out of 250mb of data from my plan and I get the message that I used more than 75% of data! And it's even asking me to upgrade! What the hell? Now I don't turn on mobile data at all.

Is it service malfunction or what?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido svc msg wrong about my data

Hi, Zlojeb,

Sounds to me like you are being impacted by "proration".

I'll provide an example to explain:

Let's say you activated Saturday (Aug 31st) but you were assigned a billing cycle that ends on the 2nd of the month.  That means you had 3 days on your plan before your first full billing cycle starts.

So for your plan, you normally get 250MB of data for the month (your plan is based on 30 days).  But you instead get 250/30*3 = 25MB of data for those first 3 days.  That would explain why you got notifed when you had used only ~38MB of data.

You can check your invoice and/or fido.ca/myaccount to see when your billing cycle ends.  And you can do the calculations yourself based on when your billing cycle actually starts.

For more information on proration and how it can impact your fido invoice, check here: 

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/billing/partial_or_prorated_charges

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

Re: Fido svc msg wrong about my data

Hi, Zlojeb,

Sounds to me like you are being impacted by "proration".

I'll provide an example to explain:

Let's say you activated Saturday (Aug 31st) but you were assigned a billing cycle that ends on the 2nd of the month.  That means you had 3 days on your plan before your first full billing cycle starts.

So for your plan, you normally get 250MB of data for the month (your plan is based on 30 days).  But you instead get 250/30*3 = 25MB of data for those first 3 days.  That would explain why you got notifed when you had used only ~38MB of data.

You can check your invoice and/or fido.ca/myaccount to see when your billing cycle ends.  And you can do the calculations yourself based on when your billing cycle actually starts.

For more information on proration and how it can impact your fido invoice, check here: 

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/billing/partial_or_prorated_charges

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2