Fido stop prorated chages on first bill on my data only plan

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

Hello fido.

i started my new service ( Data only )with fido middle of my billing cycle and on my first bill fido charge me full amount insted of protated charge they promis me, 

if user requested new line middle on his/her billing cycle how come fido charge full ammound for first Bill?

Today on phone CSR refuse to give me credit and told me that if you using 1 MB to 1024 MB it will charge same amount regardless when your service start.

here what CSR promiss me on chat for getting new services

- Your 1st bill will be sent to you by mail and will include prorated charges, data and minutes.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido stop prorated chages on first bill on my data only plan

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

My bad @Bhupi! It didn't go through. I just sent it again. Smiley

The only way to have the line activated once you have it is to get it at a store. I'll take a look at the account with you. Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Bhupi!

Because data-only plans are on a flexible basis, no prorata is applied. You're simply billed the fee associated to the amount of data you used. I'm sorry that you were told otherwise. Sad

That said, I'd like to look into this with you; I'll send you a PM.

Talk to you soon. Smiley

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

Hi Maria, 

(I am still waiting for PM)

if user get new line just 1 day before end of his/her billing cycle they also have to pay full monthly price on first bill? why not fido offer starting service date. 

in my case as soon as they shipped they start my cycle. what is the process to get data plan that start first date of billing cycle?

for my case

I order on 5th May

Shipped 12th May - billing start

received 13th May

I hardly use 30 MB out of 1 GB and I have to Pay 15$ for full month?

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

My bad @Bhupi! It didn't go through. I just sent it again. Smiley

The only way to have the line activated once you have it is to get it at a store. I'll take a look at the account with you. Smiley