Fido sent the wrong phone + more bs

SOLVED
ayr96
I'm a Participant Level 2

TL;DR I've been a Fido customer since the beginning of November. I decided to add a line on Black Friday. My experience has been BS since then.

Firstly, on Black Friday (Nov 25) I decided to add a new line for an iPhone 6s plus on a 2 year term. I did everything online and everything was smooth. Then the problems started to occur.

Upon placing my order I got an email of the shipment from "QMS" delivery though the site clearly states UPS is supposed to deliver devices. Anyway, the next day (Saturday Nov 26) AFTER 9PM I heard my doorbell ring. I'm not too keen on answering the door that late on a dark Saturday night so I didn't think much of it. Looking out the window though I saw a small car and decided to stay put. On Sunday Night I decided to check the shippment info to find that the phone attempted to be delivered at that time and I started kicking myself cause missing deliveries is just annoying. Anyway I called QMS and they gave me the dude's phone number. Sketchy much. I texted and called him and he told me that he could come Wednesday or Thursday even though Fido advertises up to 3 business days. Unprofessional as hell for such a huge company but I'll take it.

Cut to the chase the guy comes Tuesday cause he had a bit of time to swing by my place and drop off the box. Great right? No. I opened it up to find a 6s. No plus. No sim. I was furious. Nothing's worst than getting the wrong thing, especially when you were so keen on getting what you want in the first place. I checked the order form in the box and in the email and turns out the guy who placed the order in the first place actually ordered me the 6s, so it was his error. It's not my fault as a customer if I can't read phone codes. My downpayment reflects the cost for the 6s plus because the 6s actually had a $0 down promo Black Friday. I called customer service right away and this nice guy tried to help me out by calling around to see if stores nearby had the phone. Obviously no one did, but it was dumb how he didn't have a system to check. hmmmm. Anyway he told me to return the phone in the shipping label that will come in the new box. Fair enough, what else could I have done?

Wrong. Considering that I've been out of a phone (the first line isn't for me) for a week now is stupid. I also hate how Fido quite frankly did NOT give a fart about sending the WRONG phone with NO sim card which is so pathetic and really ridiculous. How the hell is that my fault? Why should I be placed at the bottom of the queue behind everyone else that wanted the same phone for a **bleep** error on Fido's part? What's worst is that the nice guy placed the order on Tuesday and it is STILL processing. It has been 4 business days. What I don't understand is how the site can advertise up to 3 business days to process and ship, yet days have passed and this is Fido's mistake for sending me the wrong phone! Before you go off on saying the phone is limited in stock, they can't advertise up to 3 business days knowing that information. It isn't the iPhone 7 after all. I told a CS person about it on Wednesday by the way, and all she said she could do is not charge me for the days I wasn't using the phone. What the actual F? How can I use what I don't have? And why would my service be in effect if I haven't yet activated my SIM? 

To be honest, I can't believe this is happening. Not to mention that my 10% discount is now showing up on my account. I feel like calling off the whole thing and switching to Telus. Is this really a company I want to be stuck with for the next 2 years? What should I do?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido sent the wrong phone + more bs

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 ayr96

UPDATE

I got a call from a very nice rep Salma and she was able to help me find a 6s Plus 64GB (which is what I actually wanted but thought none were in existence) in a nearby city. This line has been since cancelled and everything's been taken care of.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
ayr96

UPDATE

I got a call from a very nice rep Salma and she was able to help me find a 6s Plus 64GB (which is what I actually wanted but thought none were in existence) in a nearby city. This line has been since cancelled and everything's been taken care of.

Hey @ayr96

I am happy to see that you were able to get this all taken care of! If you have any other account related questions please free to respond to our most recent PM and we'll check out the details with you! Smiley 

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @ayr96!

Welcome to the Community! 

I'd like to apologize about the delays you've experienced with your situation.

I totally get your frustration, you've been waiting for your phone for a while and because of the huge demand we've had for Black Friday's weekend the delays are extended.

I'd like to take a look at your account to see if there's anything I can help with. 

Just to set up your expectations, we've had a lot of demands for most of the iPhones during BF's weekend, so delays are to be expected. 

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account!

ayr96

Look. I understand if there is a huge demand on BF hence the delays, but placing me days behind that rush for an error that wasn't caused by me is a slap in the face. I didn't place an incorrect order and Fido does not care. Point blank.