Fido roam

Fido roam

Fido roam

SOLVED
Lori8
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido roam

I'm currently traveling in the US on my Fido roam plan. I just wanted to double check on making phone calls to anyone in US or Canada. Are any of them considered long distance or can I call freely knowing I'm covered by my regular plan?

** Edited to add labels **

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido roam

Solved by MVP MVP

@Lori8 It will not be consider long distance, you can use your phone just like if you were in Canada and just pay $5 a day for a maximun of 10days you can get full details here.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Lori8 wrote:

I'm currently traveling in the US on my Fido roam plan. I just wanted to double check on making phone calls to anyone in US or Canada. Are any of them considered long distance or can I call freely knowing I'm covered by my regular plan?

** Edited to add labels **

Hello Lori8,

Welcome to the community!

Just a note regarding the above, I'm not sure if making calls to anyone in the US is covered by your regular plan.

According to the Fido.ca:

Use your data, plus make calls and send text, picture and video messages, locally or back home for one low daily price. Calls to all other destinations will be charged as if you’re making them from Canada, as will messages, unless your plan includes international messages. ~ taken from here.

So if your calls in the US are made to numbers considered local to your location, then they would be covered. However, as I read that statement, calls made in the US to numbers outside of your outgoing local calling area would be considered long distance as they would be if you were calling from Canada. Perhaps a moderator could clarify please?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Lori8

Many thanks for the info.

Hey Lori8!

Cawtau is correct! You will be able to use your services to place local calls in the location you're in and back home to Canada with Fido Roam but calls placed outside the local calling area for where you're travelling or calls to other destinations would be considered long distance and, thus, charges would apply. 

Hope this clarifies things!

Lori8

Thanks so much for the clarification.

@Lori8 It's our pleasure, anytime! Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Lori8 It will not be consider long distance, you can use your phone just like if you were in Canada and just pay $5 a day for a maximun of 10days you can get full details here.

Lori8

Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.